Jeda - Top Tesla Accessories

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla has removed pricing from their website and pre-orders can no longer be changed.

• Informative
Reactions: shareef777

shareef777

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What’re the odds reservations keep the original price?

• Agree
Reactions: garsh

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What’re the odds reservations keep the original price?
Slim to none. Keep in mind, the announced prices were in 2019 before the pandemic put pressures on the whole supply chain. Notice how they’ve been increasing prices over the last couple of years?

I’m 99% certain the removal of the prices is a clear indication they cannot hold to those due to that *at this time* so why keep it there. When they closer to production we will know the final pricing.

Anyone who has been paying attention to Elon’s comments on earnings calls would know that costs have been going up a lot.

I have a friend who works in the auto assembly industry near me and they’re literally flying parts from Asia to meet their just in time needs. That’s 3 days of inventory when they usually have 60 when using shipping containers. @Mad Hungarian also told me shipping container costs from abroad have gone up 500%. The whole industry is in turmoil right now and it’s affecting everyone including Tesla

shareef777

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah, assumed as much. I've got family that drive trucks for a living telling me that container PICKUP costs (this is just taking it from the yard to the warehouse) have doubled in the past year. They used to get paid $300 per container and are now paying $600 just to take it across town. Can't imagine how much costlier it is now to transport that container across the planet. Our only hope is that by the time the CT goes into full production, the global supply chain issue is sorted out, manufacturing scale is up, and the 4680 packs are in mass production. Considering I don't expect to see a CT till 2024, I'm hopeful that I'd be able to get my CT for close to my reservation price (barring any other global catastrophes).

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think it’s also part of why they decided to delay the truck by a year. Not only are batteries not ready but if you can’t get close to your target price because costs are so high why rush? Wait a year and see how things are and use that time to make the product even better. Tesla isn’t always dumb, they see trends in their costs and can project out into the future

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The industry experts are now saying that these supply chain issues might continue throughout 2022 and into 2023, which means any hope of producing any new models in volume might not be possible until 2024/2025. They also say prices of cars will keep going up rapidly until they’re as much as 20% higher.

But that also assumes that the auto manufacturers will continue to take the supply chain issues lying down. They are in a unique position where they have the ability to start building their own parts in the US and Canada again to avoid the risk of supply chain interruptions like this. They did it before, they know how, they just don’t right now. What might motivate them is if the price increases of their cars (potentially costing them buyers) are not being raised to increase profit margin, but because of parts cost increases which shrink the margin.

The question though is where is the breaking point? Were the manufacturers scared enough by this supply chain interruption to diversify their supply starting now, or will they suffer it for several more years before they finally dig in and do something about it? Tesla started altering its supply chain already to work around it, will other companies follow suit?

Then again, maybe I’m looking at this wrong, and the auto manufacturers love the supply chain shortages, because they can now turn what was almost a commodity product into a rare and expensive luxury good that people will pay any amount of money they ask for it. They might be looking to this as the catalyst to finally making cars unaffordable to most people, so they can sell subscriptions or taxi service instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Klaus-rf

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
With all the Tesla price increases over the last year I'm saving and extra 15-20% more of the originally announced prices for the Cybertruck

Tesla_Cybertruck_2022 Field.png