Custom Calipers from Ron at Custom Calipers & Wheel Repair

Country
Country
For anyone looking to get custom calipers in the LA/OC area, I cannot recommend Ron at Custom Calipers and Wheel Repair highly enough. I was referred to him by a friend who had his MS done as well as his wife's Porsche Macan. When I checked them out the calipers were still in like new condition even though they were already three years old. That alone convinced me to give Ron a try. As I relayed my many questions and concerns to Ron via text, not once did he seem impatient or annoyed. He came to my home about a week after I spoke with him, showed up on time, and got to work.

Ron is a consummate professional. He is extremely meticulous and methodical and he works very cleanly. Everything is covered with the utmost care. My husband in particular was concerned about overspray in our garage (he is a mobile service) and that turned out to be a non-issue. He masks the entire car with painter's plastic and uses a tape that is safe for the car paint. He knew exactly how to jack the car up and there was no risk with brake bleed whatsoever. There were things along the way that he explained he had to do that I didn't even realize needed to be done when jacking up a Model 3 but he knew. If anything, he put everything back better than it was when I picked it up from the delivery center. I was so impressed with his work that I literally could not find any flaws. Best of all, his technique and mobile service allow you to be able to drive the car immediately after he is finished.

http://customcalipers.com/

img_7047-jpg.11833
img_7048-jpg.11834
img_7053-jpg.11835
img_7065-jpg.11836
img_7068-jpg.11837
img_7077-jpg.11838

M3Raye

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For anyone looking to get custom calipers in the LA/OC area, I cannot recommend Ron at Custom Calipers and Wheel Repair highly enough. I was referred to him by a friend who had his MS done as well as his wife's Porsche Macan. When I checked them out the calipers were still in like new condition even though they were already three years old. That alone convinced me to give Ron a try. As I relayed my many questions and concerns to Ron via text, not once did he seem impatient or annoyed. He came to my home about a week after I spoke with him, showed up on time, and got to work.

Ron is a consummate professional. He is extremely meticulous and methodical and he works very cleanly. Everything is covered with the utmost care. My husband in particular was concerned about overspray in our garage (he is a mobile service) and that turned out to be a non-issue. He masks the entire car with painter's plastic and uses a tape that is safe for the car paint. He knew exactly how to jack the car up and there was no risk with brake bleed whatsoever. There were things along the way that he explained he had to do that I didn't even realize needed to be done when jacking up a Model 3 but he knew. If anything, he put everything back better than it was when I picked it up from the delivery center. I was so impressed with his work that I literally could not find any flaws. Best of all, his technique and mobile service allow you to be able to drive the car immediately after he is finished.

View attachment 11833 View attachment 11834 View attachment 11835 View attachment 11836 View attachment 11837 View attachment 11838

How much was the service?

Brian N

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
:openmouth: Wow! That is expensive!

Was definitely not expecting that. Being a Tesla owner is tough in OC. Even more than the usual BMW tax I am accustomed too. But I guess you are paying for convenience if he is a mobile. (Edit: just check t sportline charges 1200! Holy cow!)

It looks like they turned out awesome though. As long as your happy is all that matters!

It just gets me thinking. I think I should be able to do this. I already have most one the tools: Low pro jack, stands, Li-ion power tools, Torque wrenches etc. Even a vinyl plotter and all the masking material from when I detail on the side. Maybe I should start painting calipers on the side as well. Lifting the car and taking off the wheels and brakes is a cinch. A detail usually takes me 20 plus man hours. This would be considerably less time if there is a market for it. Hmm...

Did he use an airbrush to paint?

Also everyone else what are you guys willing to pay for red calipers? I’m seriously considering doing something like this if the margins are right.

Last edited:
Country
Country
Haha I know, definitely not cheap. But the convenience of mobile plus being able to drive my car immediately after as well as the proven longevity of my friend’s calipers were all worth it in the end for me. Peace of mind goes a long way. He wasn’t the cheapest but he also wasn’t the most expensive quote either. I should also mention he provides a lifetime warranty. Sadly, he even noticed the paint bubbles on my rockers, which I didn’t even notice until he pointed them out, lol. It’s in a pretty inconspicuous area so I think repairing it is more trouble than it’s worth, but I really thought I had one of the more flawless ones! :tearsofjoy: I guess not...

TSportline seems to have a pretty good reputation and I’m guessing they do quality work? I have no experience with them firsthand but for $1200 they still have to keep your car overnight.

Last edited:

Brian N

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Haha I know, definitely not cheap. But the convenience of mobile plus being able to drive my car immediately after as well as the proven longevity of my friend’s calipers were all worth it in the end for me. Peace of mind goes a long way. I should also mention he provides a lifetime warranty. Sadly, he even noticed the paint bubbles on my rockers, which I didn’t even notice until he pointed them out, lol. It’s in a pretty inconspicuous area so I think repairing it is more trouble than it’s worth, but I really thought I had one of the more flawless ones! :tearsofjoy: I guess not...

Sounds like you have a great business idea there! And yes, airbrush.
Yeah I don’t blame you. Just to get some more info on the customer base. Is this your first car you have modded? Or do you have any past experiences with modding cars? If so what types? You can always message me if you don’t feel like posting it up.

You have seriously got my mind going now. If there is a market out there for this I have a few ideas already.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You get what you pay for. THAT was the proper way to paint the caliper. Plus you can properly paint the rotor hat if required. The only way more thorough (and not much) than that would be removing the calipers from the car completely and reinstalling them later followed by a brake bleed.
Some paint it while it’s still installed with the rotor on the car. That gets paint on the pin ends, connectors, pad retention plates and on the pad ends. You also get overspray on the rotors.

Country
Country
You get what you pay for. THAT was the proper way to paint the caliper. Plus you can properly paint the rotor hat if required. The only way more thorough (and not much) than that would be removing the calipers from the car completely and reinstalling them later followed by a brake bleed.
Some paint it while it’s still installed with the rotor on the car. That gets paint on the pin ends, connectors, pad retention plates and on the pad ends. You also get overspray on the rotors.
Yes to all of this. He is thorough and i didn’t have to worry about a thing.

I emailed the individual was quoted $950 for all 4
It’s possible he gave me a small discount because of the referral. But I would have paid the $950 too. He was worth it.

Ole1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
hey gellibelly,
i see that Ron put the jackstands somewhere underneath the frot of the car, and not at the official tedla jack points .... by any chance do you have betterpictures showng the exact placement of the jackstands ?
or, can you describe exactly where they were placed ?

Country
Country
hey gellibelly,
i see that Ron put the jackstands somewhere underneath the frot of the car, and not at the official tedla jack points .... by any chance do you have betterpictures showng the exact placement of the jackstands ?
or, can you describe exactly where they were placed ?
Ole1, I’m sorry I don’t have better photos of the jackstand placement. It would be best if you contacted Ron and addressed your concern about placement with him.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i see that Ron put the jackstands somewhere underneath the frot of the car, and not at the official tedla jack points
It looks like he placed the jack stand at the lower A-arm mount. That should be fine.

When you jack the car up using the jack points, you can't put the jack stands in the same place. I've always wondered why there aren't redundant "jack points" on vehicles to solve this issue. ;)

Xscapes

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 11833 View attachment 11834 View attachment 11835 View attachment 11836 View attachment 11837 View attachment 11838
You have pics of the rear calipers? I wonder if there is enough room to put decal

Xscapes

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t have a photo of the finished rears, just one before. But maybe you could squeeze a decal in. Think it could potentially look weird though.
I agree! Maybe get a customize one with smaller font? or Tesla logo. It looks "plain" without any decal.