Curios geek question

Steam613

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I'd bet its the same for many of you; now that I FINALLY got the invite my focus on the forums has completely changed from the delivery forum to the tech type forums. I am asking this solely out of curiosity. I can't see how the answer has any practicality in the real world. The manual states that regen braking can be limited for several reasons; one of which was the battery being close to fully charged. So I was wondering; would that be full based on capacity or the preset charge limit I can dictate?
I can only think of one scenario where it may matter. Say a long road trip with some significant elevation changes. I charge to 80% at a high elevation and its a long haul to the next supercharger. I have my charge limit at 90%. As I'm recouping more power than I'm using on this fictitious long downhill run would regen breaking quit at 90%? If so I imagine that would necessitate a change in driving technique as I would have to apply those old fashioned brake things more to control my speed.
Interested in your thoughts or maybe someone has tested this on an any model.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The manual states that regen braking can be limited for several reasons; one of which was the battery being close to fully charged. So I was wondering; would that be full based on capacity or the preset charge limit I can dictate?
That's based on capacity. When the car regens, it has to send the generated electricity somewhere. If it can't send it to the battery, then it can't regen.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I set my charge limit to 85% and charge to it over night every night. When I begin my daily commute I immediately have regen and one pedal driving.