Crazy questions/comments about your Model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Joaquin

Country
Country
Chargepoint chargers are non-tesla but they still work this way with the button on the wand even though you are using a 1772 adapter. I am not sure of other manufacturer's versions of the 1772 wand but the chargepoint wand if you press the button to remove the chargepoint wand the car will act on that.
I guess it's some kind of safety measure: only unlock if there no power flowing? And the button just disengage the power flow...

BTW: We are all a bunch of off-topic sinners, this no longer "crazy questions" but "walk-up unlock charge issues" thread :D

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I guess it's some kind of safety measure: only unlock if there no power flowing? And the button just disengage the power flow...

BTW: We are all a bunch of off-topic sinners, this no longer "crazy questions" but "walk-up unlock charge issues" thread :D
Yes, way off-topic...Sir Michael is lurking around somewhere...your post and my post may be kaput! :D

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yank back to thread topic:
The other question I get frequently is "How do you like it?" and I reply by asking them if they want to drive it and see for themselves. After that, game over, their minds are blown. I did that tonight with a neighbor who owns a big pickup. His comment? "I now see what all the fuss is about, this is just amazing"

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The latest and great question seems to be how I feel about the safety for myself and my family since "the brakes are bad".

Frankly I have felt nothing but great braking power when needed and certainly I have much more confidence than I had in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata which I never thought I could stop in a time of need...

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Oddly, we’ve had several people take exception when, while talking about the car, we accidentally say, “Gas pedal.”

“I thought you said there was no gas tank!”
“So it’s a plug-in hybrid?”

We’re learning quickly to just say accelerator.
I say gas pedal all the time. I figure it is something that will stick around long after gas is not used to fuel vehicles. Like a lot of the sayings in the English language.