Couple questions

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All!!

Hopefully I can get some help/questions answered. Just took delivery of my M3 on the 26th. And noticed a couple things that I can’t seem to find the answer to.

1) is there a sound when the parking sensors come in and you get too close to an object? Like reversing and getting close to another car. My Kia I traded in would beep when I got too close.

2) do the sensors turn on automatically when getting close to an object? The only way I can get the sensors to show up for the front bumper is when I put the car into reverse and then drive again.

3) auto lane change still isn’t working for me with auto pilot. I have it turned on in settings. Whenever I’m in autopilot and I turn on my blinker the screen where it shows the lanes goes from a solid blue line to a broken blue line but only flashes really quickly. I have 587 miles on the car, so I can’t imagine it’s still calibrating.

4) When I do change lanes does anything show up on the screen when there is a car in my blind spot? I feel like I’ve seen it somewhere where it’s suppose to show up a red line by the rear bumper like when the sensors are on and I’m close to something.

Any help with the questions above is greatly appreciated!!!

PS. I have done the reset thing for the screen where you hold down the 2 steering wheel buttons and foot is on the brake.

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. Yes. I back into my garage, very close on the side and the rear, and there's a cacaphony of chimes and beeps warning me that I'm getting too close to things.
2. Yes, if I understand your question. Pulling into a parking space and towards a curb, I'll get a chime when I'm about the right distance from the curb.
3. It won't change lanes if it doesn't like the lane lines - for example, it won't change lanes over a solid white line, or where the lane lines are boxes rather than long, skinny stripes.
4. I'm not sure - I'm still too compulsive and don't ask it to change lanes unless the lane is clear. One of these days I'm going to have to go out and intentionally try to be a dick and see what happens.

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. Backing into my garage, Grace complains bitterly as I park as close to the wall as possible.
2. If the curb is not tall enough you may not get a proximity warning (come on Elon top view camera please!)
3. The default seems to be do nothing if unsure. I'm in full agreement of that. Pressing the turn signal till it clicks will give a smoother lane change than holding the turn signal in position. If you hold the stalk and release before the lane change is complete the car will jump back into the original lane.
4. Blind spot indicator is coming in the next update or two.

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All!!
3) auto lane change still isn’t working for me with auto pilot. I have it turned on in settings. Whenever I’m in autopilot and I turn on my blinker the screen where it shows the lanes goes from a solid blue line to a broken blue line but only flashes really quickly. I have 587 miles on the car, so I can’t imagine it’s still calibrating.
I think that you have to be going at least 50 or so for lane change to work. It never seems to work at 45, but works at 60.

Spiffywerks

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For questions 1 & 2, Sensors are always on. If you get close to another car in traffic it will alert you too, any proximity around the car.