Could the charge door open parallel to the ground?

3PHASE

Country
Country
I tweeted Elon about this after seeing the video making the rounds today, but for those in Canada or snowy climates who park outside, is there enough protection from the snow when charging or would a 90 degree snow roof be better? Perhaps through software, they could give you an option to make the charge door not open as high? Perhaps mechanically, this is not possible.

How many gerry-rigs have we seen in this regard (right?), on current EVs?

Last edited:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I tweeted Elon about this after seeing the video making the rounds today, but for those in Canada or snowy climates who park outside, is there enough protection from the snow when charging or would a 90 degree snow roof be better? Perhaps through software, they could give you an option to make the charge door not open as high? Perhaps mechanically, this is not possible.

This is not an issue. MS/MX uses the same connector with no protection from the charge port door as it opens sideways. Can be used in snow or driving rain with no problem.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

In theory wouldn't it be bad if it opened to parallel with the ground? Wouldn't snow pile on top of it and place unnecessary weight on the arm?