Cosmetic Issues on Delivery

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
He said the calibration involved driving the car as straight as possible for near 100km but they certainly didn't add 100km to the car in my case. More like 30 so maybe it can be sped up. I watched them with the app and where they were haha.
That's it then! We drove about 80 miles on the Interstate and before we got home it drove straight and true. I've never had that happen with any other car. My Mazda CX-5 has an electric steering rack so maybe it does it too.

Last edited:

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's it then! We drove about 80 miles on the Interstate and before we got home it drove straight and true. I've never had that happen with any other car. My Mazda CX-5 has an electronic steering rack so maybe it does it too.
Might be why mine was off. Car had 10km on it when I picked it up so it hadn't been driven much at all. Toronto traffic was crazy that day and the highway is pretty curved.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had my car for almost 4 months now and about to go in for my second visit (mods maybe change topic to various issues or something like that? Figure I'll keep track of my various problems here).

My steering wheel is out of alignment for the second time. Pretty sure the first time around it was on delivery or it was the calibration period caused it. This time its not quite as far out but its off by 10 degrees maybe. Will have a chat with service to see what they think caused it. While the roads here in my town are crappy they're not filled with pot holes.

I also appear to have my signature light in the headlight has burned out or slipped out of the housing. Noticed my one light was very bright and the other not so much. I'm going to service Thursday but expect they'll not have a headlight and I'll book a Ranger visit in the future.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
This time its not quite as far out but its off by 10 degrees maybe. Will have a chat with service to see what they think caused it.
Please update us on that one.

I'm starting to hear the odd story of issues with ball joints on the front end.

Not an epidemic, but I read online that a TSB exists for certain VINs regarding the front ball joints cracking.

I'm not saying that is your issue, but I put it out there for you to ask the question when you do the SC visit.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Steering: They just re-calibrated it again. Nice and centered again! Seems silly but when the wheel is off centre it drives me crazy.

Light: Got a new headlight installed. Part: HD/LP ASY, SAE UP-LEVEL, LH (1077371-00-I)

Dash: had a mega annoying spot on the wood dash. 2mm raised part that'd cast a huge shadow in the morning. Couldn't notice it by midday. They said they'd not touch it due to cosmetic things only being in the first 30 days but I came back to the car and its gone and looks great. Seems to be common in service getting the 'No...but yes' treatment. Got told they'd not align my drivers trim as it was within tolerance but they reinstalled it to get it a bit more flush on my first visit.