Cooling for Supercharging

tudole3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just noticed this when I do my M3 supercharging. While Model S and X seem to have fan noise (cooling system is operating I assume), Model 3 does not require the cooling system to turn on. Is this due to the new 2170 battery has lower internal resistance or the cooling system is different?
Anyone knows the tech detail?

Thanks!

Zippy_EV

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I just noticed this when I do my M3 supercharging. While Model S and X seem to have fan noise (cooling system is operating I assume), Model 3 does not require the cooling system to turn on. Is this due to the new 2170 battery has lower internal resistance or the cooling system is different?
Anyone knows the tech detail?

Thanks!
The model 3 battery is different and does a better job of cooling. link

ChrisHH

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine cooled a few times while super charging, I usually was from coming from below a third of a charge when it did. First time it caught me off guard

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know the Model 3 uses the AC compressor to chill the AC refrigerant which then cools the regular battery coolant very well via a plate heat exchanger. This is likely much quieter (and more effective) than the air-cooled radiator approach in Model S and X, which is why some say that Model 3 is ready for Supercharger V3.