Cooler to fit in Frunk?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
First thing I did when I brought the 3 home ,was trying to fit the Yeti tundra 45 qt in the trunk.
if fits but sticks out. if you want to use the rest of the trunk get the coleman.

Attachments

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've got it and use is sporadically. Fit and finish is great and it works well (even after hours in with the frunk closed and exposed to full mid-day summer sun).

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just remember that the frunk is probably the hottest place in the car
All of that glass makes the passenger compartment the hottest part of a vehicle, unless you keep cabin overheat protection active.

https://ggweather.com/heat/faq.htm#7

7. How much hotter does it get inside a trunk that inside the passenger compartment?
Surprisingly the inside of a trunk is cooler than the inside of the car itself. This is because most the heating occurs from objects being heated by sunlight and those in turn heating the air. Since no sunlight gets into the trunk the temperatures are cooler. During my research I anecdotally took some temperature reading inside the trunk on my test vehicle and they were about 5-10 degrees cooler than the air in the passenger compartment.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All of that glass makes the passenger compartment the hottest part of a vehicle, unless you keep cabin overheat protection active.

https://ggweather.com/heat/faq.htm#7

7. How much hotter does it get inside a trunk that inside the passenger compartment?
Surprisingly the inside of a trunk is cooler than the inside of the car itself. This is because most the heating occurs from objects being heated by sunlight and those in turn heating the air. Since no sunlight gets into the trunk the temperatures are cooler. During my research I anecdotally took some temperature reading inside the trunk on my test vehicle and they were about 5-10 degrees cooler than the air in the passenger compartment.
Hmm, @garsh, I think that you are forgetting something. The passenger compartment gets air conditioning. The frunk gets none and the trunk gets close to none.

Where as their is some insulation for the passenger and trunk compartments, the frunk has none. It's small dimensions get something like an ice chest within inches of a piece of metal fully exposed to the sun.

So instead of a "one answer fits all" it is truly a depends. Are you storing the cooler only when travelling? Are you getting a lot of direct sun?