Converting .m4a to .mp3 for USB Music?

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all,
At some point in the past, I must have allowed iTunes to convert my .mp3 collection to .m4a. Now I am trying to use music on a USB stick for the first time with the Model 3, and it appears Tesla does not support the .m4a format. Anyone know of a good tool for converting a crap-ton of m4As back to mp3? I see there are online tools, but man they are slow one file at a time. I am on an iMac.
Thanks!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all,
At some point in the past, I must have allowed iTunes to convert my .mp3 collection to .m4a. Now I am trying to use music on a USB stick for the first time with the Model 3, and it appears Tesla does not support the .m4a format. Anyone know of a good tool for converting a crap-ton of m4As back to mp3? I see there are online tools, but man they are slow one file at a time. I am on an iMac.
Thanks!
I made a command line tool for the Mac that does exactly what you want. You will need to also download, unless you have them handy, additional programs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsvocsdmapwq21e/Convert Music to MP3?dl=0