Console Organizer - Front Tray - Model 3

PaulK

Country
Country

lairdb

Country
Country
I should figure out how to change a design.
What I'd really like is something just slightly longer than half of one of these, not nearly as deep, and no extra coin tray.
I want to be able to play a pair of sunglasses in there, and still be able to reach a box of tissues kept behind/beneath it.
Which way is "longer" (which you actually want shorter?)? How deep?

My versions have been remixes of jonco223's original, but I've been thinking of rebooting just to get some of the dimensions a little better.

lairdb

Country
Country
Forward-to-back. The only thing I want is a place to put sunglasses. I don't want a coin tray or additional tray storage.
1.5", I would guess.
Here's one for a single pen!

(Jk; this was a test run to tweak dimensions in my new from-scratch.)

I love that new versions keep coming out.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3381496

I don't wear sunglasses and my wife keeps hers in her purse so have no need for the deep version, but still love that other options exist.

My favorite version is still the one with the side lips on it:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3092191
Heh -- those are both mine. It's a very silly hobby. Innovation on 3381496: mesh grillwork. Lesson learned on that one -- use a color other than black if you want to see the contents.

Special for @garsh coming soon.

lairdb

Country
Country
I know. That's why I posted links here. Tried to follow you on Thingiverse, but apparently doesn't like Chrome.
Hmm -- should; Chrome is all I use.

Yeah, I think I'd like this one if it was just the one compartment with the sunglasses.
My sunglasses are shaped much like those in the picture.

?

Last edited:

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I wish I was smart enough to do this. I might be smart enough but I don't want to buy a 3D printer because that would cause me to spend less time with my family and my wife would kill me and I like being alive.

Anyway I want something like above that has a sunglass holder, J1772 adapter holder, a place for a game controller, and goes farther back to prop up a USB hub so I don't have one dangling in the car since I can't get the 2 sided adhesive to stick to the flock that comes in the console from Tesla. Any recommendations on anything like that?