Consistent rattle from left rear appears to be loose shock absorber

Ct200h

Country
Country
f939be46-d692-4d4a-b98a-8175391b832c-jpeg.28789
Light clunking rattle from 5 to 40 mph for the past 10k miles 🤪 yeah I know I should have looked sooner or gone for service. Most I had done was had someone in the back listen carefully , left rear was only clue they could give. Then this morning I finally looked carefully and sure enough the top of the left rear shock when grabbing the boot moves back and forth and makes the same clunk rattle. The right rear is solid no movement or noise. I took a video on my iPhone have to figure how to post it. Best bet is defective shock or the top nut which is not visible is loose and not torqued properly.
I’m hoping mobile service can replace the shock .
Trying to compose the service request properly so I get offered mobile service
b97482de-909a-4480-99fc-6c674bbd70f0-png.28788
b97482de-909a-4480-99fc-6c674bbd70f0-png.28788

Last edited:

Ct200h

Country
Country
Update mobile service scheduled at home for September 10th.
Service center appointments were sept 24th at Tyson’s and sept 4th! At Richmond va but that’s too far away at a 2 hour drive.
Hopefully they can tighten or replace the shock during mobile svc visit
As someone who works in auto service the app and appointment setup and mobile svc are very
Slick . Wish we had the same technology

Gabzqc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update mobile service scheduled at home for September 10th.
Service center appointments were sept 24th at Tyson’s and sept 4th! At Richmond va but that’s too far away at a 2 hour drive.
Hopefully they can tighten or replace the shock during mobile svc visit
As someone who works in auto service the app and appointment setup and mobile svc are very
Slick . Wish we had the same technology
Interesting... I have a clunk on the front left when going over small bumps. Service centre will take it in a few weeks. Could be the same issue...

Ct200h

Country
Country
Got a text message that they reviewed my request and that the vehicle must go to the service center instead of mobile service.
Appoint moved to 09/18 at Tyson’s corner va service center

Last edited:
Country
Country
Top notch job by Tesla Tyco road service! in at 10:00am Wednesday , completed repairs by 7pm same day! Used Uber credits for trips back to work / home / work and then to pick up my car at Tesla. Uber drivers were great and one even had a Pacifica plug in hybrid like my wife drives.
Rattle noise was a LR shock , they replaced it and the noise is gone!