Congress Now Considering Repeal of EV Tax Credit

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Contact your congressional representative and two US senators. I did.
Curt, not questioning it and the notion concerns me and was why I really hoped to get the car in 2017.

Question though, where did you see it? I want to get more details.

It was part of the discussion with my wife, though at this point nothing will stop me. The only thing this does is bridge the gap between Model S now versus Model 3 in 2018 if this came to fruition.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Curt, not questioning it and the notion concerns me and was why I really hoped to get the car in 2017.

Question though, where did you see it? I want to get more details.

It was part of the discussion with my wife, though at this point nothing will stop me. The only thing this does is bridge the gap between Model S now versus Model 3 in 2018 if this came to fruition.
https://electrek.co/2017/11/02/electric-vehicle-tax-credit-expected-slashed-new-house-tax-bill/

Petra

Country
Country
Contact your congressional representative and two US senators. I did.
Exactly this. If you're opposed to the EV credit being killed, then call your senators and house representative even if your representatives already agree with your position (helps them to gauge support for specific issues). Like I posted in TMC,
tweets, FB posts, and emails are near worthless when dealing with congress. You want change? Call your representatives. Seriously. Get people to light their phones up like a goddamned christmas tree--staff track the reason for the call and the position (for or against) expressed. Don't believe me? Well, it's a tactic that works wonders for the NRA.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Troz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my opinion, the competition (e.g. Bolt, Leaf, Ioniq) looks much worse without the $7500 credit, but the Model 3 is still very appealing at full price. Not much comfort to those who were expecting the credit and might now miss out, though :(

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In my opinion, the competition (e.g. Bolt, Leaf, Ioniq) looks much worse without the $7500 credit, but the Model 3 is still very appealing at full price. Not much comfort to those who were expecting the credit and might now miss out, though :(
I agree with you on this. The car holds its own against it's competition (3 series, A4, C-Class...) without the credit. The credit was icing on the cake. That said, it hurts the consumer that may not be able to get this car without the credit as you alluded to.