Confirming your Model 3 Update E-Mail

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Got an e-mail early this morning saying my order has been modified. I have made NO changes since I ordered on 6/30 this year, but now when I look at the purchase agreement it gives me a 9/23/18 order placed date.

I called into Tesla and a Tony over there was pretty curt saying nothing has changed and I have a direct to home delivery (I live in the suburbs of Chicago and requested a Westmont pickup). I feel he was rushing me off the phone and this e-mail out of the blue has me worried that I've been pushed back. I know many of us had reservations and are seeing people who ordered after us get their 3's. I'm worried that this e-mail is an indication that i'm going to have me wait much longer.

Anyone else get an e-mail like this out of the blue?

Wilk's 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got an e-mail early this morning saying my order has been modified. I have made NO changes since I ordered on 6/30 this year, but now when I look at the purchase agreement it gives me a 9/23/18 order placed date.

I called into Tesla and a Tony over there was pretty curt saying nothing has changed and I have a direct to home delivery (I live in the suburbs of Chicago and requested a Westmont pickup). I feel he was rushing me off the phone and this e-mail out of the blue has me worried that I've been pushed back. I know many of us had reservations and are seeing people who ordered after us get their 3's. I'm worried that this e-mail is an indication that i'm going to have me wait much longer.

Anyone else get an e-mail like this out of the blue?
@Poppa I got the same email Sunday night and called Tesla about it yesterday. I spoke with Beverly (super nice BTW) and she said that they had not heard anything about these emails and frankly had no idea what it meant. She said a few weeks back people were getting those emails because Tesla had made a modification to their order to push cars out (such as upgrading people from 18's to 19's for free) but wasnt aware of anything like that recently. She then called me back about an hour or so later saying they had some other reports of the same thing happening, and they asked me to forward them the email for reference.

Based on some other questions I had she offered the following insights:
  • The emails going out for Home Delivery (Tesla Direct) are basically being sent at random and the Support teams are not aware, so they have no idea if you have questions for them about setting up a Tesla Direct delivery. She seemed to be frustrated by this and just said "Well that's Tesla". I asked because I had been reached out to for home delivery, sent an email reply within a few hours, called multiple times, and have not heard a thing. She said basically if it's not a Delivery Advisor setting up an appointment, it's at your own risk
  • I told her I had been approved for a loan and she said I should definitely have my car by mid-October when my 30 days approval would expire

Wilk's 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update for whoever else got this "Modification" email...I was just contacted regarding setting up delivery this Saturday! Not sure if this is related but I am wondering if they were making some adjustments in my account to set up the delivery which is what generated the email. Just a thought for those still waiting!