CONFIRMED - Change from Alcantara to cloth on PUP??.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still say pics or I don’t believe it.

Could be a short...

Could be someone that wants a car so bad they want people to cancel ahead of them...

I can’t imagine starting a post like that and not including a picture though.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just read the other forum posts on and I'm puzzled by this too. Without pictures of that specific car, there really is no way to tell. Alcantara on the 3 is pretty standard (e.g. feels like the Model S/X alcantara) but not as soft compared to my real suede boots for example, so maybe they just mistook alcantara for cloth, expecting it to be more plush?

If it's a grey headliner, pretty sure that's the alcantara.

Last edited:

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Attachments

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow! This is really disappointing. What if that’s the standard interior and they made a mistake on that car?
That's totally different than our M3. Agree that this may have been a standard interior that somehow got into production.

I'd be pretty peeved with that cheap looking dreck.

EDIT: I'd be peeved if that "cheap looking dreck was the same as on the standard interior."

Last edited:

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Welp, I'll take my humble pie with a side of crow. :oops: I am shocked. Definitely NOT the alcantara headliner like on our car. Granted, I actually like the Tesla textile headliners, but ONLY in black.

On the bright side... looks like we get a preview of what the standard interior looks like?

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Minor correction please, this photo of the B pillar is NOT from the Model 3. That is a Model S 2014 textile according to the owner in this post. Also can verify as the seatbelt attachment point on pillar is different from Model 3.

The rest however are confirmed Model 3 photos from owners with the textile headliner.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Minor correction please, this photo of the B pillar is NOT from the Model 3. That is a Model S 2014 textile according to the owner in this post. Also can verify as the seatbelt attachment point on pillar is different from Model 3.

The rest however are confirmed Model 3 photos from owners with the textile headliner.
Thank you! Deleted that picture.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Cool thanks for the correction! Ugh.. now if only we could delete the textile and replace with alcantara!

I am waiting on someone to tweet Elon about this... *pulls out popcorn*
I tweeted him twice tonight. He must be busy again. He hasn’t responded yet ;)

@elonmusk Why the change away from alcantara headliner on the 3? Super popular.

@elonmusk Please please put alcantara back in the 3. The new fabric looks terrible. It looks beige just like Walt’s Aztec