Configured earlier today, got a VIN assigned within an hour -- anyone else seeing this?

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ya got lucky! Possible that you ordered at just the right time. Certain configs seem to get matched with vins sooner. Your vin could be changed though so keep an eye on it.

zkmusa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Lucky you! What was your configuration?

Dallas, configured 3/22, still waiting on VIN. White/aero

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Subject says it all. I was ready to wait another month for a VIN ... unless I am misunderstanding something about VIN assignment?
You got lucky with the right configuration at the right time. I got my VIN in 30 minutes with mine and the car was in Florida within a week!

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Black, 19" wheels

Hopefully it isn't one that someone else rejected delivery on ...
Black 19" = The Elon Configuration. Well—you, me, and Elon.

Black 19" just happens to be the least-chosen config. You can also think of it as the most rare if you'd like. When I got my invite 3/22 and ordered it, I got an "insta-VIN" on the next page and I got my car about a week later, 3/31. Don't think that it's no good because no one else wanted it; mine was FLAWLESS and I love it.

Country
Country
Black 19" = The Elon Configuration. Well—you, me, and Elon.

Black 19" just happens to be the least-chosen config. You can also think of it as the most rare if you'd like. When I got my invite 3/22 and ordered it, I got an "insta-VIN" on the next page and I got my car about a week later, 3/31. Don't think that it's no good because no one else wanted it; mine was FLAWLESS and I love it.
Wow I had no idea this was the least chosen config. How did you know that? Clearly we have excellent taste ;-)

Country
Country
My theory is they built a lot of cars in March, but didn't want to sell them to cross the 200k mark until 2Q. So they have cars ready, just waited to get them to people. Now that it's April, if they have a match ready, they'll assign and send out.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country