Condensation/Water in Tail Lights

JGD108

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi
Got our first rain last night and this morning the driver side Tail Light shows fog/condensation inside the housing of the light.
I've seen this in the forum on early models, this is worth a service visit I guess, anybody else has had that issue lately?
Thanks!

condensation-jpg.8677

Skippydog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have that same issue. Drivers side. This is not normal. Rain as well for the first time mixed with freeway driving. Mine look worse! First is day one of the rain and the next is 24 hours later. I took the pics for the service dept to see.

Attachments

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
This was an early build issue during employee orders that was supposedly fixed but clearly not. I have it on the delivery checklist still. Definitely have Tesla replace the assembly.

JGD108

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have that same issue. Drivers side. This is not normal. Rain as well for the first time mixed with freeway driving. Mine look worse! First is day one of the rain and the next is 24 hours later. I took the pics for the service dept to see.
Actually mine looks like yours too. They have to order the parts and said 5 days. My car is in for front bumper repaint since it was not well painted, hopefully they ordered the tail light and will replace it, otherwise already had mobile service working on it.

Yooner

Country
Country
I had the exact same issue on delivery (June 8). I called Tesla and emailed a picture. They have ordered me a new tail light, but it is currently on back order. Will be mid-late July is what I was told. Ah well, I can still enjoy driving it in the meantime! :)

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I have the same issue except with the passenger side taillight.
It was like that on delivery but didn’t clear up.
Already booked appointment with service center. They’re doing it while I wait and sorting out an extra keycard for valet use at the same time. Perfect.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed I have water in my right rear taillight. I watched it for a couple days and it is staying in there. I assume it is from going through a car wash last week. I just called the service center and they will be sending a ranger to replace it, as it seems to indicate a bad seal. Just a heads up if anyone else has the issue they can come fix it remotely. I will update once it is done.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I've seen reported that there was condensation in some on early VIN cars, but I believe remediated and fixed on later assemblies.
Unfortunately, this seems to be an ongoing issue. I've heard reports of some recent deliveries with condensation in either front or rear light assemblies. Not sure if it's a seal issue or an leak in the housing. I've also heard reports of replacement parts for this being "backordered". Not sure if it's truly a backorder or if the part is being redesigned and they're waiting for the new parts to replace the problem part.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've seen reported that there was condensation in some on early VIN cars, but I believe remediated and fixed on later assemblies.
Brand new Model 3 in the showroom in the mall here has condensation in the left rear tail light.

rxlawdude

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately, this seems to be an ongoing issue. I've heard reports of some recent deliveries with condensation in either front or rear light assemblies. Not sure if it's a seal issue or an leak in the housing. I've also heard reports of replacement parts for this being "backordered". Not sure if it's truly a backorder or if the part is being redesigned and they're waiting for the new parts to replace the problem part.
Happens with Model S, too.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Do you all have a small pilot hole drilled in each of the rear light sections? I just didn't see it in this picture.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla was supposed to come to my house to fix this yesterday. About 2 hours after the appointment time I called them and they told me the part had not come in, so they rescheduled for next week. Was not happy I had to call them instead of them calling me, as I worked from home to be available for an appointment that never happened. Will update again after next week.

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I have a ranger appointment for Tuesday to replace a fogged up taillight, already confirmed they have the part though :)

I noticed there is a little hole in the middle of the light that I guess is supposed to let it evaporate out, but it doesn't seem to work.

firelegend

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have this issue on a 24XX vin, I gave not washed it in a week we are on vacation and its so hot, and its still steamy inside it with no water been in site for days. I'm gong to call next week. I waited it out but it looks awful to have one like steamy all the time.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla sent a ranger last week and they replaced the light. When I looked closely at the removed light it appeared one of the edges of the light only was glued together halfway, and then the line of glue sort of died out. Almost looked like the assembly system ran out of the glue while putting that tail light together. The service experience overall was great and seemed like a quick and easy part swap.