Comments/knowledge of IBIZ or Collinite No. 845

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't want to Hijack a thread, so here is a new one. Interested in some thoughts on IBIZ detailing products? I got suckered at Costco one day. The demo was quite impressive and I bought in. Bought it intending to use on the truck and never used. Anyone ever heard of or used the products?

The second is from the Ford Truck forums, most of the guys over there swear by Collinite No. 845 which is a wax. It has rave reviews and looks impressive.

I've bought both and never used either. It'll be different with the M3. Will hand wash and baby it (for a while at least.) My budget and car care doesn't include $500 to $3000 for the professional products and ceramics and wraps, so will tackle it the old fashioned way.

Interested to know if anyone here has used either product and any feedback?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No idea about the IBIZ, but Collinite 845 is good stuff. Make sure to warm it up to liquify it and shake it vigorously before applying it on a freshly cleaned car. A little goes a long way.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Collinate 845 is one of my go to's when taking care of my clients. Once it's applied let it cure for the day and you will start to see a hydrophobic effect on your paint. Try the water bottle test and have fun with it !

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've got a bottle which I never used on the truck. Would you ever use something like this on top of a ceramic coat? Or do you never put anything on top of ceramic other than more of the same ceramic? The guys on the truck forum sweat it's the best wax you'll ever find and it takes so little. I just never got to it.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I've got a bottle which I never used on the truck. Would you ever use something like this on top of a ceramic coat? Or do you never put anything on top of ceramic other than more of the same ceramic? The guys on the truck forum sweat it's the best wax you'll ever find and it takes so little. I just never got to it.
Ceramic Coat is pretty much the end all say all over sealants and wax. If your car is ceramic coated, you could put a wax or sealant on top of it but it won't adhere to the surface for long due to the coating having hydrophobic properties. If the ceramic coat lifespan is near it's end, another application would be the best option.

But if the car is NOT ceramic coated, 845 insulator wax is the "bees knees" of wax that almost emulates the ceramic coat basic properties.

JBsC6

Country
Country
I used Ibiz years ago as a waterless car product and I threw it out after it scratched my car at the time.

Not a fan of that product although I'm sure it changed in almost 20 years..