• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you for trying out the app.

For phantom drain issue, we have tested the app before with several cars and we haven't had any issue, I've heard since version 2019.8.5 people had issues with the phantom drain but it wasn't related to our app.
However, because we don't collect any statistic data from your car like many other apps in the market, we don't wake up your car at any time if you don't open the app to use it. Even updating complications on apple watch only happens when the car is awake, and if it's not, no update happens to complications.

This post has some more information about the phantom drain on version 2018.8.5

I just need to be as clear as possible on this.
1- With the Commands app enabled I lose between 0.5 and 1.0 MPH while the car is sleeping
2- With the Commands app disabled I lose between 0.10 and 0.13 MPH while sleeping

Stated a different way with the app enabled phantom drain is 5 to 10 times worse than it is with the app disabled. For testing I have Sentry disabled and USB devices are fully disconnected so neither of those are contributing to this. The one and only variable remaining is the Command App, and the difference when it is disabled is remarkable.

I like the app and wish this wasn't the case but its just the fact.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is there any way to customize the complication? I only see range in mi, I might want to see percent or something different. Regardless, thanks for adding it, it's nice to have some data.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The new version of the app released to App Store.
What's new in this version:
- Introducing Commands Queue: Now you can queue commands before the car wakes up and the app will execute them after the car is awake. You can switch on or off this feature in the settings section.
- Support Email: You can now request for support within the app through email.
- Improvements to wake up time for iPhone and Apple Watch apps
- Improvements to today's widget
- Bug fixes and other improvements

Reactions: 1 person
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Commands for Tesla v1.5 with following changes and improvements is available on the App Store

- Improvements to Apple Watch app wake up and loading times
- Improvements to weather selection UI for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Improvements to charge limit selection UI for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Bug fixes and general performance improvements

Reactions: 1 person

ALLZAP

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The new version of the app released to App Store.
What's new in this version:
- Introducing Commands Queue: Now you can queue commands before the car wakes up and the app will execute them after the car is awake. You can switch on or off this feature in the settings section.
- Support Email: You can now request for support within the app through email.
- Improvements to wake up time for iPhone and Apple Watch apps
- Improvements to today's widget
- Bug fixes and other improvements
I bought the APP and downloaded it on my Iphone, but I can't log in. I have tried my login and pw multiple times to no avail.... I don't see an option where I can reset it....help! plz

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I thought the updated watch app was broken as there were no +/- buttons to change charge level, then I just happened to touch the number and it scrolled. Suggest some graphical element to make that more obvious.

I'm also unsure, does having the complication on the watch wake the car when updating every hour or two? I had lots of wakes over the last few months, somewhat suspected the complication, but could be car firmware.