• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Eric714

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great iPhone App! Thanks.

Took me a few minutes to realize that the login is my Tesla.com login. And the Shortcuts need to be set-up individually by recording the Siri command phrases.

Other than that it was pretty sweet to walk up to my car with a load of grocery bags and say "Open Frunk" and with my new pistons (from I1Tesla's video ) it automatically opened.

The car does have to be unlocked or the Frunk will not fully open. So, it's actually two commands - "Unlock Car" and "Open Frunk."

Perhaps a suggestion: make the "Open Frunk" include unlock car. Or can that be done now?

Download watch app, but I have not used it yet.

Petty cool. Thanks.
Eric

Reactions: 3 people
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have another idea..OK well, two:

Add a button to enable/disable sentry mode.

Now that's too many buttons! Well.. it would be nice to have the ability to choose which buttons we want (and even better, their position).

HVAC is still the only button I really use, and I have to scroll down a bit to use that. I would personally like HVAC first, sentry second, then maybe horn and frunk open.

Did you update to version 1.2? Sentry mode is there now. In watch, iPhone, Siri, and Today's widget :)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great iPhone App! Thanks.

Took me a few minutes to realize that the login is my Tesla.com login. And the Shortcuts need to be set-up individually by recording the Siri command phrases.

Other than that it was pretty sweet to walk up to my car with a load of grocery bags and say "Open Frunk" and with my new pistons (from I1Tesla's video ) it automatically opened.

The car does have to be unlocked or the Frunk will not fully open. So, it's actually two commands - "Unlock Car" and "Open Frunk."

Perhaps a suggestion: make the "Open Frunk" include unlock car. Or can that be done now?

Download watch app, but I have not used it yet.

Petty cool. Thanks.
Eric

Thank you for using the app :)
I'm pretty sure Frunk and Lock status of the car are independent, I've never had the issue for opening the Frunk when the doors are locked. 🤔
Did you try to test it in Tesla app?

Appstache

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Do you have plans to add watchface complications for range any time soon? Trying to decide if I should purchase EV Watch for that function. I’ll likely hold off if you’re adding that down the road.

Reactions: 2 people

Eric714

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you for using the app :)
I'm pretty sure Frunk and Lock status of the car are independent, I've never had the issue for opening the Frunk when the doors are locked. 🤔
Did you try to test it in Tesla app?
Turns out it's my new auto-open pistons are no so "automatic".

Eric

Reactions: 1 person

Eric714

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Noticed Temperature is spelled Temerature where Sync Tempreature is.

What Bri said.

Also, what's the 82.03...? I sort of thought it was seat angle. But it's in the climate section. It's clearly not temperature.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What Bri said.

Also, what's the 82.03...? I sort of thought it was seat angle. But it's in the climate section. It's clearly not temperature.

I think it reads temps in Celsius and is converting to Fahrenheit without rounding to whole integers

Eric714

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think it reads temps in Celsius and is converting to Fahrenheit without rounding to whole integers
Initially, I thought it was the seat recline angle. Then, I sort of assumed what you said. The "..." implies there're more decimal places. Clearly, I need to see them. It's very important for to me to get precise temperatures.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Initially, I thought it was the seat recline angle. Then, I sort of assumed what you said. The "..." implies there're more decimal places. Clearly, I need to see them. It's very important for to me to get precise temperatures.

It's not more precise, all internal temps are in half a degree C (and that's common across the industry), it's just decimals in the unit conversion.

Eric714

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's not more precise, all internal temps are in half a degree C (and that's common across the industry), it's just decimals in the unit conversion.

I was joking Josh! I'm an engineer and one of my pet peeves is the misuse of "significant digits." It's like taping a micrometer to the end of a yardstick - precise but not accurate.

BTW, I really like your posts and really appreciate all you do for this community, sincerely.

Appstache

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Version 1.3 released to App Store with support for Apple Watch Complications and performance improvements.
Great job with the complications! Another request- can you change the buttons on the watch app to require force touch or a confirmation? I was out to breakfast this morning and accidentally popped my frunk open from the app when I was about 4 blocks away :)

Reactions: 3 people

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have been experiencing a very severe Phantom drain in the range of 0.5 and 1.0 MPH since around the time I went to Firmware release 2019.8.5 I measured this drain over 9 separate periods when the car was (or should have been) sleeping in my garage. I tested with my Jeda wireless pad and USB drive disconnected, with WiFi turned off, nothing I did reduced the drain until last night. What did I do different?

I signed out of the Commands App and the phantom drain immediately reduced to 0.12% per hour (over a 17 hour period) which is very normal.

I like the app but I do not have any intent on using it until this is resolved.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great job with the complications! Another request- can you change the buttons on the watch app to require force touch or a confirmation? I was out to breakfast this morning and accidentally popped my frunk open from the app when I was about 4 blocks away :)

Thank you for using the complications. We will add more information to complications in the future :)
About the confirmation request, it's a very good idea t add another level of confirmation. We will work on options for the next releases

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have been experiencing a very severe Phantom drain in the range of 0.5 and 1.0 MPH since around the time I went to Firmware release 2019.8.5 I measured this drain over 9 separate periods when the car was (or should have been) sleeping in my garage. I tested with my Jeda wireless pad and USB drive disconnected, with WiFi turned off, nothing I did reduced the drain until last night. What did I do different?

I signed out of the Commands App and the phantom drain immediately reduced to 0.12% per hour (over a 17 hour period) which is very normal.

I like the app but I do not have any intent on using it until this is resolved.

Thank you for trying out the app.

For phantom drain issue, we have tested the app before with several cars and we haven't had any issue, I've heard since version 2019.8.5 people had issues with the phantom drain but it wasn't related to our app.
However, because we don't collect any statistic data from your car like many other apps in the market, we don't wake up your car at any time if you don't open the app to use it. Even updating complications on apple watch only happens when the car is awake, and if it's not, no update happens to complications.

This post has some more information about the phantom drain on version 2018.8.5

Last edited: