Color and wheel choices

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also, I'm curious to know if by removing the aero covers and adding a center-cap, you could get 2 wheel designs for price of one? Anyone out there talented enough to mock this up with a center cap? :
View attachment 2599
I'm merely "talented enough to be reckless", but here you go:

Last edited:

Dangermouse

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any info on whether the Continental 19" tire is an +/-8,000-mile tire like the Model S's 21"-ers? I like the 19" rims better, but I don't want to commit to a lifetime of frequent tire changes with a sport tire.

Jen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Thanks for posting! I'm rather torn on the colour, hard to choose between the midnight silver and the red. I'm not a fan of the Aero wheels but I love the Sport wheels. Sport with the red, stunning!

I wonder how often Teslas get keyed?... I would want to bubble wrap my Model 3 when it's not in my garage, lol.

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
Was this confirmed that the aero covers we indeed plastic? I hadn't seen that info yet.
I thought @TrevP said in a post last Saturday that they were not plastic but some other material

Also, I'm curious to know if by removing the aero covers and adding a center-cap, you could get 2 wheel designs for price of one?
Ding, ding, ding. we have WINNER! Just hang around folks, you will see some interesting stuff being done with the 18" wheels.

Last edited:

TesLou

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Henry Ford on the Model T: You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's black.
Elon Musk on the Model 3: You can have it in any color you want (for free), as long as it's black.

scmaxwell99

Country
Country
I did not see one single car with the aero rims on them at the launch party. Only on the silver paint jobs does the aero look ok. Put it on the blue or red and it just looks bad. Guess it's subjective, but for me I have to go for the 19"sport wheels. Maybe by next year when I can get mine configured there will be a third choice.

scmaxwell99

Country
Country
I think I saw 5 or 6 cars with the aero wheels at the delivery event
From the crane show when they revealed the cars, I could not see one. Maybe the stacked them to the back? Every promotional shot of the car on the websites and so on, do not show the car pictured with the aero wheels. It's only the 19"sport wheels. I just think it's another way to get you to pony up an extra $1,500. Just one mans opinion.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From the crane show when they revealed the cars, I could not see one. Maybe the stacked them to the back? Every promotional shot of the car on the websites and so on, do not show the car pictured with the aero wheels. It's only the 19"sport wheels. I just think it's another way to get you to pony up an extra $1,500. Just one mans opinion.
Fifth back on the right has the aeros, but most have the 19s.

DB750811-23B3-45FB-A40F-B15923B7A24A.JPG

EDIT: I was very impressed at how inexpensive the upgrade to the 19" sport rims actually is. That's the reason why it's so popular especially amongst these early cars from investors and high ranking employees.

Jen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I like the 19s better so I'm going with them anyway. Looking at the details posted, I'm fine without the premium package. Nothing I really need, can't justify the extra 5k US for that.

Stupid question, are the tires nitrogen filled? I don't remember hearing anything about that.