Color and wheel choices

PcGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received the following from a Tesla employee in a Facebook group. Now that most of my main questions are answered I want to decide on which color and which wheels to choose from. Luckily I gained access to higher resolution pics of each color with each wheel,choice. Thought I should share with this awesome group!
IMG_8042.JPG IMG_8049.JPG IMG_8041.JPG IMG_8048.JPG IMG_8039.JPG IMG_8047.JPG IMG_8038.JPG IMG_8044.JPG IMG_8037.JPG IMG_8043.JPG

DirkW

Country
Country
Looks nice.
No option for the turbine rims?

The rims choice is not difficult for me, it will be the turbine. I do not see them as an option. Are they available? I'm starting to worry.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Color and wheels are the most subjective of course.

While I'm getting Midnight Silver I can happily say I literally like all of the colors and the only color I absolutely wouldn't take is black (for maintenance purposes).

For the wheels again subjective but those aero wheels just don't cut it for me while I think the 19" sport wheels are awesome!

Thomas Mikl

Country
Country
Could anyone who is gifted in Photoshop do a mockup of aero-wheels in other colors, like silver or chrome?
Honestly I just thought that the design is not bad, but the black and matte finish I do not like on my selected color (red multicoat). So my guess is it would be cheaper to get the aero wheels and powder coat or somewhat paint them...

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could anyone who is gifted in Photoshop do a mockup of aero-wheels in other colors, like silver or chrome?
Honestly I just thought that the design is not bad, but the black and matte finish I do not like on my selected color (red multicoat). So my guess is it would be cheaper to get the aero wheels and powder coat or somewhat paint them...
the covers are not metal so could not be powder coated, but could be painted with (paint intended to adhere to plastics) or vinyl wrapped

TE3LA

Country
Country
the covers are not metal so could not be powder coated, but could be painted with (paint intended to adhere to plastics) or vinyl wrapped
Was this confirmed that the aero covers we indeed plastic? I hadn't seen that info yet.

Also, I'm curious to know if by removing the aero covers and adding a center-cap, you could get 2 wheel designs for price of one? Anyone out there talented enough to mock this up with a center cap? :

Bare Aero Rim.jpeg

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How does this affect maintenance? I'm generally curious.
Next time it's a sunny day in your neck of the woods take notice of a flat black car. I guarantee you where the sun hits the car you will see swirl marks all over it. If you're unfamiliar it will look like spiderwebs all over the car.

The maintenance I was referring to is part mitigating against those swirl marks and part keeping it clean in general as black shows everything. I park in the garage at home, but at work my car sits outside all day. Too much work for me!

Country
Country
I get that black shows the dirt quickly, but a nice car in black is beautiful. What color would you consider the best color to get for "low maintenance"?
Surprisingly white is pretty good but I think a medium silver is probably the best. I had a dark green pathfinder that did well also but I also through it looked good with some mud on it soooo..

Country
Country
I will wait until Turbines are available. They must offer them eventually, right?
I feel the same way but I am not going to hold my breath on that one. Tesla is better than other car companies at not teasing things that they don't develop but those wheels do not seem to have made the cut.

But I do like the Aero wheels and would probably get those would be a good winter rim if they do come out with the turbines.

Gizmo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I get that black shows the dirt quickly, but a nice car in black is beautiful. What color would you consider the best color to get for "low maintenance"?
Silver is the best tempered for hiding dirt and scratches / swirls.

Black is a PITA to keep looking nice, if you are into your detailing then not much can touch a black car when it is spotless... the trouble is an hour after cleaning it, it’s no longer spotless. :rolleyes:

PcGuy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Silver is the best tempered for hiding dirt and scratches / swirls.

Black is a PITA to keep looking nice, if you are into your detailing then not much can touch a black car when it is spotless... the trouble is an hour after cleaning it, it’s no longer spotless. :rolleyes:
Thanks for your input. I kinda knew all that, but I appreciate the different viewpoint. My wife wants me to get black. I like the idea of it, but I am not much of a detailing guy. In Vegas, its dusty, so I can only imagine having an always dirty looking car.

I don't mind the aero wheels (like others do) and I actually think they look best with the silver color. I think thats my new top pic.