Closing the doors

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I tried searching but could not easily find something on this. How does everyone close their doors on the model 3? I’ve noticed on cars I’ve owned I either close the doors by using the black framed part of the window/door or the handle itself. Neither is really an option on the model 3.

Does this mean we are going to see fingerprints and scratches more quickly on the mode 3 doors than cars that have handles or frames to use to close them?

When I went to look at the one at the mall I tried to push on the outside of the door handle but it felt really unnatural.

Thanks.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried searching but could not easily find something on this. How does everyone close their doors on the model 3? I’ve noticed on cars I’ve owned I either close the doors by using the black framed part of the window/door or the handle itself. Neither is really an option on the model 3.

Does this mean we are going to see fingerprints and scratches more quickly on the mode 3 doors than cars that have handles or frames to use to close them?

When I went to look at the one at the mall I tried to push on the outside of the door handle but it felt really unnatural.

Thanks.
I close the door by pushing from the thin side of the door. Essentially what is basically invisible and wouldn't show finger prints / cause an unnatural experience.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I close the door by pushing from the thin side of the door. Essentially what is basically invisible and wouldn't show finger prints / cause an unnatural experience.
Can you say more about the “thin” side of the door? Where is that exactly?

Thanks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
all the cars I've owned have had frameless windows and generally close them at the handle or between the handle and the door edge, but not on the glass.
Yeah seems like the model 3 handles make it difficult to use the handle in a user friendly way.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Thanks.
Funny, my wife was having the same problem for a while. She doesn’t know where to push to close the door, so she always does a different spot every time she closes. Haha. She used to push the lowest portion of the glass, but now pushes the edge of the door near the handle.

I find myself always pressing on the chrome trim right under the window, right at the door seam.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's not sending everyone can do, but this is another reason I'm going PPF and ceramic. Once it's done, the stress over this will be greatly reduced.

That area is where I naturally seem to close as well.
Yeah I wish I could spend the $9k to do a full body protection and ceramic coating but the car itself is probably slightly above what I should spend on a car itself haha

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's a 2-3 inch area of door left past the window that I use to close the door. I tried to zoom in on a pic and circle it, but I'll try later to get a pic of the door open and show this area.
picture0001-png.7241