Climate controls cover up incoming call window on screen

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

jsmay311

Country
Country
I've noticed that if you have the climate controls up on the screen when you receive an incoming call on your paired phone, the climate controls "cover up" the little call window that pops up in the lower-left corner of the screen where it shows you who is calling and allows to you to press a button and answer (or reject) the call.

So, as far as I can tell, there's no way to see who's calling or answer an incoming call via the screen without first minimizing the climate controls. (I checked and neither steering wheel button will answer an incoming call.)

This seems to me like a rather embarrassingly bad programming error / UI flaw / bug. For something like this, does anyone know if it would be better to email servicehelpna@teslamotors.com to report this issue or use the voice commands in the car to submit a bug report? (And, more generally, when are each of these options more appropriate?) Thanks.

lairdb

Country
Country
The map also does not adjust to the climate controls (as it does, for example, to the audio controls.) Seems as though the climate controls might have missed an "adapt to me" UI attribute.

jsmay311

Country
Country
I tried using the voice commands to submit a bug report, but it failed miserably 3-4 times in a row to take the full statement. It almost seems like there's a time or word limit on how long it will listen to you. I guess I'll just send an email.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried using the voice commands to submit a bug report, but it failed miserably 3-4 times in a row to take the full statement. It almost seems like there's a time or word limit on how long it will listen to you. I guess I'll just send an email.
I believe there is a character limit.