Chinook Mall removing Tesla Wall Chargers?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Lon12

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This makes me a bit upset.

I RARELY go south in the city unless I have to...Chinook was one of the few draws because of convenient parking/charging. That's gone - I'm out.
I can see CF's perspective that if someone (Tesla) isn't paying for the exclusivity of usually-half-empty stalls and the power bill associated with charging (at full capacity could be dozens or hundreds of dollars per day)...Perhaps if they keep the electrical connection but put in generic chargers that would make sense. Also from CF's perspective...they own all the malls, so if we don't go to one we'll go to another. Doesn't hurt them any to have us 'boycott' Chinook.
Edit/expansion: Given that chinook is the 'fancy' mall with the higher end shops, I'm surprised to see them getting rid of a high-end-vehicle convenience feature. People with 100k+ cars tend to spend the dollars they are interested in.

Last edited:

Lon12

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Exactly.
If they are worried about covering the cost of power they could always put in a Flo or ChargPoint unit. It would be a waste to just pull out all the wire/conduit and panels that cost a fair amount to install.
When I go to the malls in Vancouver even the pay for use chargers are occupied now. If you look into the future I'm sure you will see them having to install this hardware all over again. What a waste.