HOT China Gigafactory 3 progress SPY SHOTS

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Some spy shots from inside the China Gigafactory 3 have surfaced. Shows a few Model 3 body in whites on assembly lines. I don't think pilot production has started yet, likely parts shipped from Fremont to test out assembly lines before the real deal starts. Credit to https://weibo.com/1859521444/I41PMqMcc

6ed60ba4ly1g6d9bz0xt2j21400u0wkh-jpg.28708

6ed60ba4ly1g6d9bzj08oj21400u0tdm-jpg.28709

6ed60ba4ly1g6d9byis6oj21400u0q8h-jpg.28710

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I still think this factory is more amazing than the cars themselves. The efficiency and speed with which they built it is mind boggling.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I recently mentioned in an afternoon staff meeting that I was considering driving down to Fremont to see the factory and was met by many co-workers look of 'wtf would you want to do that for?', except the one guy that used to work for BMW and the two of us proceeded to talk about US buyers being able to take delivery of their Euro made BMWs in Europe tour the factory, use the track, etc. he got it ;)

mswlogo

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I thought "Giga" Factories were for Battery Packs and the "Motor Electronics / Inverters / BSM module etc." But not the car themselves.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I thought "Giga" Factories were for Battery Packs and the "Motor Electronics / Inverters / BSM module etc." But not the car themselves.
That's how it was described originally.
But I believe Elon has been talking about future gigafactories building entire vehicles for a couple years now.