Charging Stopped - Wifi issue

Josh Pearlman

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I've had this happen twice in the past two weeks (coincidentally both on a Thursday night) but my car was charging and I got a notification that charging had stopped. I tried to restart charging via the App but it would not work. What I noticed last night was that the second that I got the notification that my car had stopped charging our Wifi network also went out. When it happened two weeks ago it was in the middle of the night so I'm not sure if the Wifi had any issues.

My car is connected to my Wifi network. There might be a couple of other factors as we were also experiencing an Arizona monsoon (my guess to why the Internet went out and the Wifi went down) but we didn't have any other power issues. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this or any additional data points.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No answer here but this happened to me tonight. I didn’t notice any wifi interruptions, it just stopped charging and I got a notification from the app when it did so. However I couldn’t restart the charging from the app so I went out and pulled the charger out of the car then inserted it right away and the charging started. So far so good but I wonder wtf happened. I’m currently using a 110 outlet and have been for months. Would that even matter?
I’m monitoring this because it’s never happened before.