Charging standard plus

Mesprit87

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all,

A co-worker is looking into the Standard plus and was asking me a pertinent question.
First as far as I could gather there is only one battery pack on the TM3 am I right? Only de-rated in the case of the Plus?
He was asking if since it is de-rated he could charge at 100% steadily without damaging the battery in order to maximise the available range.

He also asked a Tesla rep who suprisingly answered that they were two different packs and wisely suggested a maximum of 90%.

Any thoughts?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi all,

A co-worker is looking into the Standard plus and was asking me a pertinent question.
First as far as I could gather there is only one battery pack on the TM3 am I right? Only de-rated in the case of the Plus?
He was asking if since it is de-rated he could charge at 100% steadily without damaging the battery in order to maximise the available range.

He also asked a Tesla rep who suprisingly answered that they were two different packs and wisely suggested a maximum of 90%.

Any thoughts?
the SR+ does have a smaller battery pack than the LR. it is not just a software limited LR battery pack.
Now, the SR has been said to have the same battery pack as the SR+, so if they were ordering the SR, it would be software limited from the size the SR+ has.