Charging in Monument Valley?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Joaquin

Country
Country
So maybe I made my first "rookie" mistake: I placed a reservation for "The View" hotel in Monument Valley, will spend there 1 night in late June. After the reservation, checked the charging points around... and realized there are NONE in the hotel complex, even having a campground :(

The trip is planed to leave Page in the morning, visit Antilope Canyon, and arrive at night at Monument Valley.

The next day the plan is to go down to Sedona, but it seems I won't make it even to Flagstaff...

The planned SC at Kayenta would be ideal, but it seems it wont be ready until end of year... anyone local have more information about this?

The closest charging point to the hotel is in Goulding's campground at 6 miles, so I guess I need to figure out how to get the car charging there while I explore the valley with a rental or something... any ideas?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Joaquin

Country
Country
Thanks Garsh. I looked at the google maps satellite view... and Monument Valley Camp Park/Koa (same place) seems pretty... desolated. I think I prefer to leave an unattended Tesla in Gouldings :)

There are tour operators. I think I will request a 3 hours tour in the morning while the car is being charged, and request at pickup at the campground.

I will need to drive from the hotel to the campground, leave the car charging, and wait for the tour pickup. Not ideal but it should work...

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are two Tesla 16kW Destination Chargers at the Moenkopi Legacy Inn & Suites in Tuba City, just down the road from Kayenta. Looks like you don’t need to spend the night, only purchase something (lunch maybe). That might get you what you need to get to the supercharger in Flagstaff.

JeffinAZ

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So maybe I made my first "rookie" mistake: I placed a reservation for "The View" hotel in Monument Valley, will spend there 1 night in late June. After the reservation, checked the charging points around... and realized there are NONE in the hotel complex, even having a campground :(

The trip is planed to leave Page in the morning, visit Antilope Canyon, and arrive at night at Monument Valley.

The next day the plan is to go down to Sedona, but it seems I won't make it even to Flagstaff...

The planned SC at Kayenta would be ideal, but it seems it wont be ready until end of year... anyone local have more information about this?

The closest charging point to the hotel is in Goulding's campground at 6 miles, so I guess I need to figure out how to get the car charging there while I explore the valley with a rental or something... any ideas?
That will be an amazing trip! I recommend LOWER antelope valley over upper. You do not need to do both as they are similar.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm planning a visit in October but wasn't planning an overnight (not really making plans). Thanks for bringing this up because I was curious about the options I saw on the maps. Hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

Have fun!