Charging Cable Too Short?

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone found their 20' UMC or 25' HPWC cables to be too short to reach the car? I don't have a garage, and I have a reserved parking space in front of the house. If I install a NEMA or HPWC outlet on the house exterior, I would still need 35 to 40 feet of cable to run from the wall, along the steps, across the sidewalk, to the car charge port.

I don't think Tesla provides any longer cables. Are there any reliable, well-rated extension cords or options that current owners have found useful? Many thanks in advance!

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you considered installing the HPWC on a post close to the sidewalk?

Yup, that's my go to plan if this cable thing doesn't get sorted out. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do any exterior mods like this, as I live in a townhouse community. But if there's no alternative, then this is what I might have to go for, albeit with a shorter pole perhaps.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wooee! $600 for 50 feet.
600?
That's crazy. I think you can find 50ft for around 100-200. Have to look at some RV supply for them. Amazon doesn't have many. Also many have the twist lock connectors and not the regular 14-50 on both ends, so check for that