Charge Rates Question

mtdoak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So where I live, home charging is not an option (we move in 2 months). Picking up my model 3 on Tuesday.

I have:

-A supercharger 10 miles away
-3 Destination chargers (2 at a resteraunts and 1 at a hotel)

I typically will do between 100-150 miles a week. I work from home so its around town driving mostly.

There is a Starbucks/Panera and a movie theater near the supercharger. One of the destination chargers is at a brewery. They are all max 16 kW rated.

Assuming I charge once a week at a max of 90%...how much time should i be budgeting if I plan to go to the Supercharger, grabbing a coffee and reading a paper. If I head to the brewery for an hour, how many miles can i pull from the destination charger if lets say i’m 50%?

Edit: One more question, do Idle fees apply if the supercharger is empty or sparesly populated? I.e. could i stop, plug in my Model 3, go see a movie, set it to 90% and not be charged idle fees if it takes 90 minutes to charge?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So where I live, home charging is not an option (we move in 2 months). Picking up my model 3 on Tuesday.

I have:

-A supercharger 10 miles away
-3 Destination chargers (2 at a resteraunts and 1 at a hotel)

I typically will do between 100-150 miles a week. I work from home so its around town driving mostly.

There is a Starbucks/Panera and a movie theater near the supercharger. One of the destination chargers is at a brewery. They are all max 16 kW rated.

Assuming I charge once a week at a max of 90%...how much time should i be budgeting if I plan to go to the Supercharger, grabbing a coffee and reading a paper. If I head to the brewery for an hour, how many miles can i pull from the destination charger if lets say i’m 50%?

Edit: One more question, do Idle fees apply if the supercharger is empty or sparesly populated? I.e. could i stop, plug in my Model 3, go see a movie, set it to 90% and not be charged idle fees if it takes 90 minutes to charge?
Charging to 90% will get you ~279 miles of range and of course this will vary based on ambient temperature, your driving style, and impact of vampire drain.

With a supercharger you should get ~180 miles of range per 30 minutes. Of course it varies though. On the destination chargers I believe it’s ~40 miles of range per hour.

Idle fees only apply to superchargers and I believe they only then apply based on the number of cars at the location.