Charge port won't unlock when door opens

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It used to be that when I unlocked my car by opening the door that I could then unplug the connector from my charger. Lately I have been having to use the app tp unlock. What am I doing wrong? It was working.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Am I supposed to push the button to remove it? For some reason I thought it unlocked when I opened the door and I could pull it out. I’ll try that.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. Am I correct that you still have to have the car unlocked? It’s weird that for a week I was doing it where it unplugged and suddenly not.
Sometimes it will work for me without opening the car. Other times I need to open a door or the trunk first to unlock the car.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. Am I correct that you still have to have the car unlocked? It’s weird that for a week I was doing it where it unplugged and suddenly not.
Car still needs to be unlocked (protects the cable from being removed when you are away), but if your phone is already in proximity,and doors ‘can’ be opened, you should be able to press button to unlatch cable if you have opened a door yet or not.