Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Charge port pins stuck in Supercharger wands

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  msjulie 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if this is starting to become more commonplace or not? Yesterday at the Albuquerque (ABQ) supercharger (6 stalls) there were 4 inoperable charging stations. And a resulting line of 4 cars waiting for the 2 remaining chargers (I was the 5th). Why? It appears as if charge port pins have gotten stuck inside the charging wand in all cases. It's pretty clear people have tried in some cases to carve or poke the broken pins out (pocketknife?) because I see copper. Does anyone know a recommended way to get them out? I'd be happy to go down and extract them next time I'm down if there were a known SAFE way to do so. There was a video where a sharp knock on your boot or shoe would knock them out but these are really stuck in there. In a pinch we could head down the street to the Walmart and get Level 2 charging from the EA chargers I suppose. But it can't be all that hard to get these back into operation??? Calling Tesla to report the problem just gets you to a message that says something like yeah we know, we'll fix the problem as soon as we can

[Edit: Mods, I put this in this topic area because it's not really maintenance and repair and didn't know where else to put it]

#5 ·
This is related to a service bulletin. Seems not enough people are going to the service centers for service (which is a good thing!)

Yet, it's keeping enough early cars from getting this resolved in their charge ports.

Middie's already fixed so I won't mess up Superchargers I use.

#6 ·
This is related to a service bulletin. Seems not enough people are going to the service centers for service (which is a good thing!)
And, rather coincidentally, the Albuquerque Supercharger in question is in New Mexico. We don't have Service Centers here. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.