Charge Port Misalignment on my Model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Lightning

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a service appointment today regarding this. Just wanted to see if it's normal, or if it should be sitting flush, like the passenger side of the car. I would assume it should be flush. Are others experiencing the same problem? Would love to see pics of other charge port close ups, of the Model 3, to compare. Thanks so much!

charging-port-1-jpg.8215
charging-port-2-jpg.8216

Gabzqc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would say that is not right, and that you will get it replaced at your service centre visit. Good luck!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here’s mine and note it was replaced right after delivery.

oats

Country
Country
My charge port looks exactly the same when closed... I took it to the service center and they said it was not abnormal after comparing against another Model 3. Might just be the technician. I will try again with another service center in the future.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My charge port looks exactly the same when closed... I took it to the service center and they said it was not abnormal after comparing against another Model 3. Might just be the technician. I will try again with another service center in the future.
Do we have any photos of the charge port door being flush when closed?

totomafang

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yesterday I went in to the service center for few issues, including the charging port cover not totally flush (maybe 2mm) along with
rear headlight sticking out a little. The agent basically told me there's really not much the technicians can do since they come
out of factory this way(headlights and charging port cover slightly misalignment) except maybe loosen the screws and wiggle a little then re-tighten to fit them better. She even took me into the delivery area to check out the other three soon-to-be-delivered Model 3s and all of them are either the same as mine or even worse. But looks like yours stick out quite a bit more (maybe 4mm?), I think you should definitely ask them to fix it, maybe have them order the whole charging port part and replace it? I kinda feel they become a little reluctant to fix everything after 2 weeks from my delivery, even though the agent is still very nice. Make sure you have them put the issues into their system and order the parts. I think it will take a while to get the parts, so have them called you once all the parts are ready to be installed all at once. She wanted to give me a loaner yesterday but the parts and body shop won't be ready for at least a week, which means I would be WITHOUT my SilverFang for a long while, which is a big NO for me. here are my pictures:
upload_2018-5-11_8-55-23-png.8567

upload_2018-5-11_8-56-5-png.8568

verygooddog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's hard to see in the photo, but my charge door is about 1 mm over flush and the passenger side is about 1 mm under flush.

Something I would not have noticed but for this thread. This is very minor to me and nothing I would complain about. However, if I were seeing what the OP has, I would complain.
m3-charge-port-door-jpg.8576

Lightning

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great comments and photos everyone. Thanks! Here are a few more of my photos on these issues. BTW, I think my charge port is possessed... it looks much better now for some reason (like the 1-2mm most are seeing) and I haven't actually got it repaired yet. Still taking it in to the SC on Monday, but that's mainly for my driver's side door misalignment (which also looks worse in the pics but when your 5 feet away from the car isn't really noticeable).
charge-port-1-jpg.8650
charge-port-2-jpg.8651
charge-port-3-jpg.8652
drivers-side-taillight-jpg.8653