Charge port door needs service

Have You Had To Request Service To Fix This Problem?

• No, reboots fixed it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes because the door sometimes opens and closes on its own

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, first service Middie needs, saw this just this morning, and yes, did the following:
1. 2 finger reboot
2. 2 finger reboot holding in the buttons until the Tesla logo displays
3. 2 finger reboot also holding in the brake pedal
4. Turned off the car for two minutes and then rebooted

And, I hadn't washed Middie in a week (which is a problem in itself!), but she has had a few pressure washes in the past during #MiddieGoesToYellowstone:

img_20180708_130452-jpg.11238

Middie still charges fine and the door opens and closes without issue, yet why wait until my next road trip next weekend and have it stop working!

Stringcheese

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had that issue, along with a lot of earlier M3's, sometimes they can just replace the door. In my case they had to replace the MCU for the door after the door replacement didn't work. Never was an issue with charging, but could never clear the alert and couldn't open the door by touching it.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, first service Middie needs, saw this just this morning, and yes, did the following:
1. 2 finger reboot
2. 2 finger reboot holding in the buttons until the Tesla logo displays
3. 2 finger reboot also holding in the brake pedal
4. Turned off the car for two minutes and then rebooted

And, I hadn't washed Middie in a week (which is a problem in itself!), but she has had a few pressure washes in the past during #MiddieGoesToYellowstone:

View attachment 11238

Middie still charges fine and the door opens and closes without issue, yet why wait until my next road trip next weekend and have it stop working!
For the record, not that I believe him 100% since we always get different info... a service guy from Tesla informed me the only true reset is the hold in both scroll wheels and the brake for the entire time until the T appears on the screen, then letting go. I figure even if he's incorrect, it can't hurt to do it that way.

I voted that it doesn't bother me...I've been fortunate to not have this pop up yet.

I believe @SoFlaModel3 had to have his replaced.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All, I forgot to update...

The morning of my service appt (July 10th), the message disappeared and hasn't reappeared since.

Looks like there's yet another "reset"... wait a few days!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For the record, not that I believe him 100% since we always get different info... a service guy from Tesla informed me the only true reset is the hold in both scroll wheels and the brake for the entire time until the T appears on the screen, then letting go. I figure even if he's incorrect, it can't hurt to do it that way.

I voted that it doesn't bother me...I've been fortunate to not have this pop up yet.

I believe @SoFlaModel3 had to have his replaced.
That’s correct. My car was delivered with a chargeport error on screen that wouldn’t go away (but the port itself worked just fine). The replacement was done via mobile service in the parking lot at my office. Here are some pics...

79a7ea3e-604b-4d7a-a16f-57d54e80e54b-jpeg.11709
b8db4bb6-58c5-4f14-a27c-d33d4eee74f0-jpeg.11710
80c31c3f-45f2-45be-bc28-f2946e108750-jpeg.11711
8e138b18-4243-4c97-9ec4-e4855c31fc51-jpeg.11712

Dano9258

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OMG! I don't want to do that to my brand new car. That message just showed up for me tonight. Just washed it for the first time yesterday evening...

wawam3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i just had mine replaced for the second time. This time it was done by mobile team. The person did a great job but the part is not center after replacement. Was told that this is a known issue and Tesla part engineering team is looking into it. Make sure to file a case so folks at Tesla know that this is a common issue.

If you ask me if I'm still happy about the car after the 2nd set of repairs and some other known issues, a big YES. :)