Changing order

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Quick question, I configured the 14th of Feb, I think I want to change my auto pilot and pay for it later. Since this is after the fact and I have no VIN yet, how do I do this and will it affect my time line? I know some of you have changed things like wheels and color, just want to know if its possible and how. THANKS!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Quick question, I configured the 14th of Feb, I think I want to change my auto pilot and pay for it later. Since this is after the fact and I have no VIN yet, how do I do this and will it affect my time line? I know some of you have changed things like wheels and color, just want to know if its possible and how. THANKS!
Contact inside sales ASAP. I suspect you won’t have any issues since it is software enabled, but it could cause a delay. Alternatively you could get the car faster just the same.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Contact inside sales ASAP. I suspect you won’t have any issues since it is software enabled, but it could cause a delay. Alternatively you could get the car faster just the same.
I emailed and left message with ISA, its Saturday so who knows but thanks for the insight. I hope there is no issue considering it really is just software.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ISA told me that if I want to change it I can but if I’ve already been assigned a car that I would then be unmatched with that car and kinda start over delaying me a month or so. And that she has no clue if I’m been matched yet as they don’t assign VIN until the car is on its way. I decided to just keep it the same, in the hopes that a black with Aeros is sitting at Fremont just waiting for me.

Cernie

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
BTW - I am a big fan of Autopilot...one of the best features of a Tesla IMHO. Have you tried it out? If not...go to a Tesla dealership and ask to test drive a Model S with Autopilot and take it on a freeway/interstate.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
BTW - I am a big fan of Autopilot...one of the best features of a Tesla IMHO. Have you tried it out? If not...go to a Tesla dealership and ask to test drive a Model S with Autopilot and take it on a freeway/interstate.
I agree, its actually kind of shocking when I see people ordered without it. But financially it made more sense for me to add a little later. But I'm not going to risk a delay, so I kept autopilot and will figure it out. Thanks for all the help!