Changing configuration but no change in order agreement?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Just wondering if anyone else had changed their configuration after submitting the 2500 deposit?

I changed from black to MSM, but my order agreement still reflects that I chose black. The price and build detail did change to reflect MSM.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just wondering if anyone else had changed their configuration after submitting the 2500 deposit?

I changed from black to MSM, but my order agreement still reflects that I chose black. The price and build detail did change to reflect MSM.
I would suggest calling your Inside Sales Advisor asap before the wrong car ships out!

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I dont think Ive been assigned an ISA yet, or do I just call the Tesla number and give them my RN?
Ahh I might have misunderstood and jumped the gun there. You placed the order with the deposit, received an email with your confirmation. Then went back in changed the configuration, received an email confirmation (still reflecting the wrong configuration), but when you look online you see the right configuration? Did I follow that correctly?

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I received the confirmation email but decided to change colors, so I gave Tesla a call and requested a change. They said it fine to waive the fee since I had just configured, but I never received a 2nd order agreement email. But yeah, when I look online it displays the correct configuration.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I received the confirmation email but decided to change colors, so I gave Tesla a call and requested a change. They said it fine to waive the fee since I had just configured, but I never received a 2nd order agreement email. But yeah, when I look online it displays the correct configuration.
A ha... gotcha! Personally I wouldn’t worry about an email confirmation. All the matters is what you see when you look online anyway. If you want to be 100% though... take a screenshot just in case something should change and also call back just to confirm. The first email is system generated and there may not be an email triggered on an update.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
A ha... gotcha! Personally I wouldn’t worry about an email confirmation. All the matters is what you see when you look online anyway. If you want to be 100% though... take a screenshot just in case something should change and also call back just to confirm. The first email is system generated and there may not be an email triggered on an update.
hmm sounds like a good plan, hopefully the customer service line isn’t too overwhelmed right now.

Wondering if anyone else has changed configurations post-deposit and any issues?

Country
Country
I configured and got a VIN on Friday, called back on Monday to add autopilot. He initially said I needed to pay a $500 change fee, but after checking with a manager he said they could waive it.

I haven't seen it reflected on My Tesla yet, they said it could take up to a week to show up there. But I do have an email from him in case it becomes a problem.

barjohn

Country
Country
I placed an order (configured last Thursday) and on Saturday I changed the wheels to the 19" Sports wheels. Similar discussion and agreement to waive charge fee and told it would take up to a week for the change to go through. On the web site, it now shows the car with the sports wheels and on the configuration it shows the sports wheels but on the order form it still shows the Aero wheels. I am guessing it takes longer for the order form to get updated. If I don't see it updated before they assign a VIN or in another couple of days, whichever occurs first, I will call them to make sure it is corrected.

I don't know if the following is accurate but I think once they assign you a VIN the RN# goes away and the VIN replaces it. Is that what others have seen?

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I placed an order (configured last Thursday) and on Saturday I changed the wheels to the 19" Sports wheels. Similar discussion and agreement to waive charge fee and told it would take up to a week for the change to go through. On the web site, it now shows the car with the sports wheels and on the configuration it shows the sports wheels but on the order form it still shows the Aero wheels. I am guessing it takes longer for the order form to get updated. If I don't see it updated before they assign a VIN or in another couple of days, whichever occurs first, I will call them to make sure it is corrected.

I don't know if the following is accurate but I think once they assign you a VIN the RN# goes away and the VIN replaces it. Is that what others have seen?
They keep updating the MyTesla page so it’s possible my answer is outdated and wrong. When I first received my VIN, I did also see my RN. I just checked now and I only see a VIN. Again though the MyTesla page is completely different than it was 2 months ago so I’m not sure what someone sees who just got their VIN but hasn’t taken delivery yet.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I just configured AND received my VIN yesterday. Both the RN and VIN show on my account.

pmich80

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I removed auto pilot a day after i configured. I called and changed it. The next day the website was changed to reflect the new amount but my order PDF form still shows that EAP is included. It'll be fine. For me it doesn't matter since the amount has been reflected. (if they accidentally enabled EAP, it wouldn't be the worst in the world LOL)

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ordered Red, but my wife really liked Blue (saw a couple on her trip to CA). Called Tesla to change to Blue. The Rep said they will take care of it on their end. Couple of days after change, I see the picture updated, but the order PDF still says Red. Either way, it will be fine :)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How did you change it? I have made my $2500 payment. There is no "Design" button on my acct page. When I click "Manage" thee is no option to reconfigure

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How did you change it? I have made my $2500 payment. There is no "Design" button on my acct page. When I click "Manage" thee is no option to reconfigure
I called the Tesla contact number and they assured me that they will change it without any cost.
The vehicle design page kept showing "Red" but when the time came for delivery, ISA sent me documentation that it is the changed color I wanted.