Changing color change delivery estimate/order date for connectivity package?

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Placed my order on 6/30, but thinking about changing my color from red to white. My delivery estimate says 3-5 months and it doesn't show any change for the delivery estimate if I change the color. Wondering if it would actually push it back for the time to the later end of 3-5 months and if the change would my order to after 6/30 meaning I wouldn't have the grandfathered data?

Thoughts?

Runt8

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
People who have changed their orders have seen it go to Oct-Dec, but there are also some indications that these estimates are just placeholders that automatically show 3-5 months from the order date (and changing the order at all seems to change the order date).

Runt8

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
People who have called have been told that it's the initial order date, but that's assuming the customer support people know what they're talking about.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
People who have called have been told that it's the initial order date, but that's assuming the customer support people know what they're talking about.
And as we've found in the past, that can be a big "but".

I won't dare to touch my order again. :)

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Has anyone got through to someone on the 888 number? Ive been trying all day and just get the "we're busy, call later (hang up)". Is there another number to change my order?

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I checked with Tesla Westmont by Chicago and was told that changing our orders shouldn't change the order date, but I think I'll just keep the multicoat red just in case.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I finally got through to someone at Tesla. Was told I could edit my configuration without penalty. Was told it would not affect the premium connectivity either from my original order prior to July 1. Very happy to switch to white!

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hey, what made you decide you wanted to go from red to white? I had the same thought too.
Thought was the white stands out really nicely with the pearl. What kills me is you see a TON of white cars on the road with red being more rare. I prefer red really, but white seems like a safer choice for upkeep.

Poppa

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I finally got through to someone at Tesla. Was told I could edit my configuration without penalty. Was told it would not affect the premium connectivity either from my original order prior to July 1. Very happy to switch to white!
So no change for delivery timing either? How did you get through to someone at Tesla?

osubuckeyes88

Country
Country
Thought was the white stands out really nicely with the pearl. What kills me is you see a TON of white cars on the road with red being more rare. I prefer red really, but white seems like a safer choice for upkeep.
The white looks so much more classier. But then if we change, we would have to pay an extra $500.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So no change for delivery timing either? How did you get through to someone at Tesla?
Yes actually my configurator now displays Oct-Dec delivery. Im convinced that really doesn't mean anything though. Seems like it automatically displays 3-5 months from the month of configuring. I wouldn't be surprised to see a VIN 1 month from now, or a VIN 6 months from now. Tesla will deliver it when they deliver it.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Can anyone explain this? I have a positive $90K balance and my Model 3 is fully paid!

Amount Due
You can submit a secure payment for your Tesla directly from your checking or savings account.

Final Price
$64,084.75
Cash price of your Tesla including all applicable taxes and fees.

Payments
-$101,584.75
  • 04/01/2016 Credit Card
    $1,000.00​
  • 04/19/2018 Credit Card
    $2,500.00​
  • 06/22/2018 Bank Account
    $8,084.75​
    $8,084.75​
    $8,084.75​
    $8,084.75​
Trade-In
-$7,500.00
Value of your trade-in, assuming you are trading in through Tesla.

Financing
-$45,000.00
Amount financed through Tesla or your preferred bank. If you're financing through your own bank, please have your check available when picking up your Tesla.

Balance
$90,000.00
Your Model 3 is fully paid.