Changing addresses in "My Tesla" while waiting?

Yanquetino

Has anyone changed their address in the My Tesla account from, say California, to the Midwest? I imagine this might postpone the invitation to configure…? And what about the opposite? Would this move the reservation holder up in the queue?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone changed their address in the My Tesla account from, say California, to the Midwest? I imagine this might postpone the invitation to configure…? And what about the opposite? Would this move the reservation holder up in the queue?
Earlier in the process people did change their address from East to West (California specifically) and did see invitations come quicker. At this stage though, it's hard to say if there is any difference at all. In fact a move in either direction could delay your order as it's all about logistics and volume capabilities in the area of delivery. California is where the factory is and thus quicker for transport, but on the flip side the highest volumes are in California and deliveries can bottleneck.

PatrickM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I changed mine about a week before I got the invitation to configure from an address in Montana to one in Colorado. I don't think it changed anything either way.