CHANGES TO THE ONTARIO EVIP TODAY MAR 09'th

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
These changes were alluded to me by Tesla Canada themselves late last year and that changes were coming that would affect them directly.

However I want to make it clear that based on the new rules (max $75K MSRP exclusive of options, battery and seating) that Model 3 will fully qualify for the full $14K rebate.

Since Model 3 has not passed homologation requirements and is not officially available in Canada yet it is not on the list. Once Tesla has completed the paperwork and the car is imminent it will be added to the list.

Have faith

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
These changes were alluded to me by Tesla Canada themselves late last year and that changes were coming that would affect them directly.

However I want to make it clear that based on the new rules (max $75K MSRP exclusive of options, battery and seating) that Model 3 will fully qualify for the full $14K rebate.

Since Model 3 has not passed homologation requirements and is not officially available in Canada yet it is not on the list. Once Tesla has completed the paperwork and the car is imminent it will be added to the list.

Have faith
Someone bought a Model X to lock in before the cut ;)

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Someone made a wise decision based on info. Hadn't read all of it, glad 3 will make the cut. Find it bizare that there is no price cap on fuel cell vehicles. Why promote expensive tech no one wants that you can't use outside GTA.

Country
Country
The people that are buying electric cars and getting money from the government have they not payed taxes? I'am sure most of them have paid far more tax then the people buying a $20,000 car, therefore when they get the $14,000 from the government its just a very small portion of the money they have put into the system.

Sitter_k

Country
Country

Have faith
Do you think the LR-AWD variants of the model 3 will qualify?

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Since Model 3 has not passed homologation requirements and is not officially available in Canada yet it is not on the list. Once Tesla has completed the paperwork and the car is imminent it will be added to the list

Have faith
Hello Trevor Have you talked to your Tesla-Toronto contact(s) or ONT MTO about what the process + how long it will take to get M3 added to the MTO list of qualifying BEVs ?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Have faith
Hopefully the homologation happens sooner rather than later. As it stands now, I will have two choices, the first is the first production LR PUP rear wheel or the second the LR AWD. Since the SR is not going into prodution until early 2019 (for Canada) I assume that the SR AWD is not available in mid 2018 and the LR AWD will come with the PUP as standard. So, that leaves me with the LR RWD PUP as my only real option. Because of the upcoming election in Ontario, I will likely buy as soon as it becomes available so that I wont lose out on the $14000 incentive. Based on the conversion rate you used in your video I’m looking at $65,000 CDN before incentive plus 13% tax ($8450) for a grand total of $73,450. So much for the $35,000 option ($45,500 CDN).
Am I correct in assuming that the incentive applies to the base price before tax?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully the homologation happens sooner rather than later. As it stands now, I will have two choices, the first is the first production LR PUP rear wheel or the second the LR AWD. Since the SR is not going into prodution until early 2019 (for Canada) I assume that the SR AWD is not available in mid 2018 and the LR AWD will come with the PUP as standard. So, that leaves me with the LR RWD PUP as my only real option. Because of the upcoming election in Ontario, I will likely buy as soon as it becomes available so that I wont lose out on the $14000 incentive. Based on the conversion rate you used in your video I’m looking at $65,000 CDN before incentive plus 13% tax ($8450) for a grand total of $73,450. So much for the $35,000 option ($45,500 CDN).
Am I correct in assuming that the incentive applies to the base price before tax?
To be clear about this because there is much confusion still:

1. Ontario EVIP incentive (rebate) is EXCLUSIVE of options and delivery charges. It's only based on the base MSRP of the trim level (SR or LW)
2. Rebate is AFTER TAXES. You have to finance or pay for the car in total including taxes. The gov sends you the rebate with a cheque in the mail or via direct deposit.
3. Tesla DOES NOT apply the rebate to the price of the car and will not assign themselves as the recipient like some other dealers do.
4. If you want to reduce the amount financed by using the rebate you will have to front it yourself via a short term loan (credit line etc) and pay yourself back. This is what I did.

Just for full clarity: If the Model 3 SR/LR comes in at $45K or $57K as per my estimate then it fully qualifies. Options like paint, delivery, EAP, PUP don't count in the calculation as far as the rebate is concerned. As for AWD it will depend on how Tesla presents it. At one time they used to offer it as an option for the Model S but now they all have it. If Model 3 is priced exclusive of AWD and make it an option on top of SR/LR then it won't count into the MSRP.

Nowhere on the EVIP paperwork (I just checked mine) is the price of the car asked for however you do have to supply a copy of the purchase agreement when you submit the paperwork.

Rebates are now being processed in about 2 months, down from 6-8 last year which is great news.

Tony_YYZ

Tesla Fanatic
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Country
Country
The Model 3 has a distinct price advantage over the Jaguar i-Pace as the i-Pace is priced too high to be eligible for the Ontario rebate. The astounding number of options (now configurable on Jaguar's web site) (which includes an optional head's up display) is in stark contrast to that of the Model 3's.