Country
Country

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked up Meguiar's G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Wax, 26 oz .

I got it because it’s super easy to apply. It Doesnt last as long as a real ceramic coat, but it’s super easy to add a boost coat down the road. Just give it a spritz after your final rinse. There are many YouTube videos out there with reviews on the stuff. Personally, when I applied it, I was amazed at the instant results. Color looked much deeper. Car also stays cleaner a lot longer.

panpanbebe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Compare Meguiars to Aero Cosmetics waterless spray. which one is better? OR the Nano Ceramic coating spray is stronger for protection?

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Aero waterless spray is a wash isn’t it? So not a comparison with the other two.

Meguiar’s is a hybrid wax, which has the ceramic stuff in it the Nano product, just designed to make application easier. Trade off is it doesn’t last as long as a true ceramic coat.

MacInfoSys

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
HydroSilex arrived today. I put a coat on driver side quarter panel and the hood. Looks good.

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dear Forum Members,
Does anybody use this product? any good?

https://ethoscarcare.com/collections/exterior/products/surface-coat?variant=23882096541796

any other suggestion for 9H Ceramic coating spray or wax?
Just for clarity, 9H is a hardness level and 9H coatings are typically a permanent base coat that are followed by a softer top coat. You won't see any sprays with that kind of protection, but the sprays are really good for adding a hydrophobic layer and making it easier to keep the car clean. Most companies usually advertise a 6 month duration on the sprays. A 9H coating will last years if not abused. You can find these for sale, but I would not recommend doing it yourself unless you are experienced in auto-detailing and can perform your own paint correction prior to putting a 9H coating on the car.

I ended up going with a professional Ceramic Pro installation, but in my research I found that Gyeon products had the best reviews for DIY'ers.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have ceramic on my cars. Ceramic Pro professionally put on my Tesla and I put Gtechniq on my wife's. I think the gtechniq cleans up easier though the silver color does hide a little better. I've read good reviews on Gtechniq C2 spray that I thought I might try for refreshes. Sprays are probably only going to last 4-8 months compared to a regular ceramic coat that can last years.

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How has it held up?

Would you recommend it?
So far so good. I’ve had Jet Seal applied to my 3 in addition to the ceramic coating. Jet Seal supposedly lasts a year with hand washing. I’m unable to hand wash my car so I live with as few car washes as possible.