Center screen protection

webdriverguy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone thinking of protecting the center screen? Apart from using a screen protector how can we protect the entire center screen? I use a heatshield on the front windshield when I park my car in sun but still the back of the center screen gets hot. I have gone through some threads on teslamotors forums where people are complaining about the screen having bubbles and the screen coming apart and it costs about 2500 to replace It if it’s out of warranty.

So just thinking ahead if there is anything I can apply to the back of the screen to prevent it from getting hot? Am I insane to think about this? Thoughts?

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Anyone thinking of protecting the center screen? Apart from using a screen protector how can we protect the entire center screen? I use a heatshield on the front windshield when I park my car in sun but still the back of the center screen gets hot. I have gone through some threads on teslamotors forums where people are complaining about the screen having bubbles and the screen coming apart and it costs about 2500 to replace It if it’s out of warranty.

So just thinking ahead if there anything I can apply to the back of the screen to prevent it from getting hot? Am I insane to think about this? Thoughts?
It shouldn't need anything beyond the windscreen shade and cabin overheat protection.

mptpro

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
screenshot_2018-12-21-18-08-47-png.19546

Just installed the Elon Accessories screen protector.
  • Easy install.
  • seems very high quality.
  • reduces glare
  • hides fingerprints.
[mod edit: referral link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: