Center-Mounted Tablet

Bryan Baker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, so we've seen copious pictures of the center-mounted tablet / instrument panel, all but one have looked exactly the same... and with about a 1/2" bezel (border that doesn't display an image). In just one of the pics in the many released with the recent Model 3, however, you'll notice that it's bezel-less, like the newest of the newest phones being sold.

I never had a fig of interest in a bezel-less phone because it's a feature to brag about and wow your friends with, but could actually detract from practical use since, well, you have to hold it in most situations, and that will likely involve touching part of the now touch screen without meaning to touch it.

But in the Model 3 as a center-mounted instrument panel? That makes sense. And the one pic looks SHARP. This is from the middle of Elon's presentation during the 7/28 release event:
Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 9.51.06 PM.png

So maybe those rumors of two weeks ago or so about the tablet supplier falling through were true? If so, then everything we've seen so far are the backups?

Or is this imagery, which is computerized, indicative of M3 2.0 which will accompany a HUD; i.e., someday over the rainbow, but not anytime soon?

Bezel-free is too slick not to get someday. It's gotta happen, eh?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That picture of the bezel-less center mounted screen is a "simulated image", essentially a mockup between concept and final production.

I'm sure the bezel will get thinner over time, he don't expect a change there for a while.

Country
Country
Does it have an odometer? I can't remember seeing any videos or pictures that display the odometer or trip meter.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does it have an odometer? I can't remember seeing any videos or pictures that display the odometer or trip meter.
At the very least the mileage is shown on the About Your Tesla screen in the car. I believe it’s shown while driving as well but can’t seem to find a picture to back that one up.

18B10330-F5B8-4345-BC4D-8A9C4F84A556.jpeg

Country
Country
At the very least the mileage is shown on the About Your Tesla screen in the car. I believe it’s shown while driving as well but can’t seem to find a picture to back that one up.

View attachment 3357
Thanks. I must have overlooked the total mileage on the pictures I've seen. But I really hope distance since last charge, etc, can be displayed while driving also.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks. I must have overlooked the total mileage on the pictures I've seen. But I really hope distance since last charge, etc, can be displayed while driving also.
You’re welcome and I would imagine there is a view for that.