Caution for Walt Disney World (FL) EV Visitors

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At Epcot and Animal Kingdom, the charging spaces are close to Preferred Parking. Because of that unfortunate arrangement, you have to pass through the "gate" of cones/barriers and an employee that checks to see if you've paid for Preferred Parking ($50 extra).

I've seen reports that some of the employees are refusing to allow visitors with EV's use the charging spaces because they mistakenly(?) believe that they're for Preferred Parking visitors only. I'm guessing it's a mistake because the Magic Kingdom EV charging spaces are not protected this way. Then again, Disney has done strange things before, so it's possible they're at least "encouraging" EV owners to pay for Preferred Parking just to avoid friction.

I haven't seen this first-hand though - because I'm local, I tend to not use the charging spaces and leave them for people who drove a longer distance.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have been to Disney a few times with my Model 3 and each time they recognized my car was an EV and said “follow the line to handicapped parking” as the ChargePoint spots are nearby. A few visits ago we were golden. This more recent trip despite entering the park very early we found all spots were taken. Essentially that upgraded us to preferred parking for free as we just grabbed a nearby spot.

To combat range anxiety there is a nearby Wawa with a supercharger!