Carless in Colorado?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just wanted to reach out to my fellow Coloradans / Model 3 waiters (specifically dual motor AWD) and see if we can update each other on our progress toward delivery. I'm curious as to how much love Colorado has received thus far?

I reserved 6/22/16 (non-owner), configured 6/30/18 Silver Metallic Dual Motor with 18" Aero wheels, with a Sep-Nov expected delivery date. My 'Edit' button disappeared three weeks ago when i selected the "cash" option, but I have received no correspondence as to a delivery appointment or VIN assignment. I called Tesla last week and received no additional information. The rep said he would "flag" my account, and that he was surprised I hadn't heard from them about a delivery appointment.

How about you? Any progress on your Dual Motor delivery in Colorado? Interested to hear your stories / commiserate together :)

JML

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked up my Model 3 AWD on 9/3 in Littleton, so it can happen, and it will happen to you, too, in time. I waited 887 days from initial reservation to delivery, but I don't think you should take that as a count down timer. There were lots of Model 3s there. The delivery center was open on Labor Day, but service and parts were closed, so it seemed oddly dead. I was originally scheduled for delivery on the 4th, but they said there were plenty of available appointments on the 3rd, so I came in early. Even on a slow day, there was a sales pitch happening when we arrived, and two more deliveries in progress by the time we left.

kendthomp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I reserved 4/24/2016, (non-owner), configured 6/30/2018 with cash option MCR, Dual Motor, 19", White Premium interior ,EAP. My experience is much like Sethree's but I haven't called Tesla.

Still waiting...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked up my Model 3 AWD on 9/3 in Littleton, so it can happen, and it will happen to you, too, in time. I waited 887 days from initial reservation to delivery, but I don't think you should take that as a count down timer. There were lots of Model 3s there. The delivery center was open on Labor Day, but service and parts were closed, so it seemed oddly dead. I was originally scheduled for delivery on the 4th, but they said there were plenty of available appointments on the 3rd, so I came in early. Even on a slow day, there was a sales pitch happening when we arrived, and two more deliveries in progress by the time we left.
JML, congratulations! And thanks for the reassurance. Happy to hear Littleton is delivering! How's the car so far???

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I reserved 4/24/2016, (non-owner), configured 6/30/2018 with cash option MCR, Dual Motor, 19", White Premium interior ,EAP. My experience is much like Sethree's but I haven't called Tesla.

Still waiting...
Thanks for posting kendthomp! I'm hope you've been over to Park Meadows mall with the MCR /19" Model 3 to drown your sorrows! I hope you hear something soon

JML

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
JML, congratulations! And thanks for the reassurance. Happy to hear Littleton is delivering! How's the car so far???
I'm sure you've read all the same reviews and seen the same videos I've seen, so I don't need to go over the obvious stuff. I've not driven the single motor, so I can't compare, but the dual motor is effortlessly fast. It's one thing to read about 4.x 0-60, but quite another to just put your foot into the throttle a bit and go from 30-70 before you reach the dashed lines of the entrance ramp.

Regardless of what you think of Tesla the company or Musk as a CEO/Twitter bot (probably not an issue on this forum), it is undeniably a very good car. Driving it is a real pleasure. We're all here because we were gambling it would be good, some of us from even before the reveal. So here are the bad things in the order I think of them:
  • For this price it should have ventilated seats
  • Rear visibility is poor
  • Close console lid gently
  • Really, no designer at Tesla uses a case on their phone?
  • I'll adjust my mirrors when I'm stopped
  • I'll adjust the vents when I'm stopped
  • The screen is less convenient than hard controls while driving
  • Phone as a key only works if I wake-up my phone
  • The car doesn't appear to support IPv6
Here are some things I think are exceptional that I haven't seen mentioned much or at all in reviews:
  • Headlights are really good. They cast a bright even beam at night.
  • Did I mention it's fast?
  • The cruise control is next level when paired with electric motors. Pick a speed and it holds it up and down hills with no effort
  • Slacker radio is a huge step up from commercial FM radio, even if maybe it isn't as good as Spotify, Pandora, etc. It's just there, and works. Tag a few channels, genres, and bands as favorites, then play the favorites channel
  • Forward visibility is excellent
  • The screen based speedometer is a total non-issue. By the time I got to I-25 from Santa Fe, I wasn't even thinking about it, that's just where my eyes went
  • Rain detection wipers worked great tonight

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
JML, killer review!!! Happy to hear cruise control is so sharp, as I didn't order EAP but wondered about cruise control. And thanks for the feedback on wipers, headlights, Slacker radio, phone key (by IPv6, do you mean iPhone 6?)
Regarding your phone dock issue, I found some products / diy ideas that may help:

https://www.helloskyline.com/products/case-friendly-dock-adapter-for-tesla-model-3

Thanks for taking the time to post such a thorough review!

JML

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
JML, killer review!!! Happy to hear cruise control is so sharp, as I didn't order EAP but wondered about cruise control. And thanks for the feedback on wipers, headlights, Slacker radio, phone key (by IPv6, do you mean iPhone 6?)
Regarding your phone dock issue, I found some products / diy ideas that may help:
My current solution is about as simple as the one in that video. 20180905_144052.jpg
I just used a cable with a straight connector, instead of the 90 degree one, and plug in the phone like that. It requires two hands to connect the phone, but my case has a cover over the charging port, so it needs two hands anyway. After that video I will be putting a cardboard shim on the other side for my wife's phone.

kendthomp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wonderful news! I received my delivery window eMail. Somewhere between the 26th and 30th of this month!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm scheduled for delivery on the 29th, also in the Springs. Watch for a white/black/aeros downtown and it'll probably be me!
Congrats! I'll be on the lookout! Are you picking up in Littleton or getting home delivery? And when did you reserve / configure your car? Dual motor?

Country
Country
Congrats! I'll be on the lookout! Are you picking up in Littleton or getting home delivery? And when did you reserve / configure your car? Dual motor?
Thanks! We're super excited. Our second car was totaled when rear-ended in February, so I switched to bike commuting rather than have a temporary car to pay taxes on. Winter is coming... so the timing is just about right!

Picking up in Littleton.

Reserved: 4/5/2016
Ordered: 6/28/2018
Received the delivery email along with the other wave of people on the 6th I believe
Dual motor, non-P

Do you have a delivery date yet?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks! We're super excited. Our second car was totaled when rear-ended in February, so I switched to bike commuting rather than have a temporary car to pay taxes on. Winter is coming... so the timing is just about right!

Picking up in Littleton.

Reserved: 4/5/2016
Ordered: 6/28/2018
Received the delivery email along with the other wave of people on the 6th I believe
Dual motor, non-P

Do you have a delivery date yet?
Yeah great timing with your delivery! Sorry about your other car, but you're probably in better shape because of it! Im an occasional bike to work guy, we live in Peregrine and I work near Academy and Austin Bluffs. Santa Fe trail baby! What's your bike route? And speaking of bikes, i ordered the ecohitch to put a bike rack on the model 3...now all i need is the car to attach it to!
No email or call about a delivery yet...just the sep-nov estimate. Now wishing I would have reserved / configured earlier. I test drive a RWD up at park meadows, had a perma-grin going for a few days...took the edge off the wait, but man I'm dying. Stoked for you, though! Good luck on your wait for the next few weeks.

Country
Country
Yeah great timing with your delivery! Sorry about your other car, but you're probably in better shape because of it! Im an occasional bike to work guy, we live in Peregrine and I work near Academy and Austin Bluffs. Santa Fe trail baby! What's your bike route? And speaking of bikes, i ordered the ecohitch to put a bike rack on the model 3...now all i need is the car to attach it to!
No email or call about a delivery yet...just the sep-nov estimate. Now wishing I would have reserved / configured earlier. I test drive a RWD up at park meadows, had a perma-grin going for a few days...took the edge off the wait, but man I'm dying. Stoked for you, though! Good luck on your wait for the next few weeks.
I've got a super easy commute. I live in the Patty Jewett area and have an office downtown. So it's a two-ish mile commute on mostly flat terrain. That new bike lane on Cascade is fantastic.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Might see the two of you in Littleton on Saturday the 29th, pick up scheduled for noon. My spouse who is the primary driver, has the long version of the checklist so who knows how long we will be there. And not sure when we will drive back to Salida.

Hope we all get our cars, with no problems.

kendthomp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My delivery was scheduled for the 28th. I received a call from Fremont asking if I could change to the 18th. I said sure. Last Friday I received a call asking if I could change to today, the 19th. I agreed. I received a call last night from the Littleton delivery center confirming delivery today. Needless to say I haven’t slept since. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Kenthomp,

Lucky you, pick up today. We love living in Salida, but 100 miles away makes these kinds of ‘errands’ less fun. Aurora is almost around the block.