Carbon fiber options

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I asked him about it and he mentioned that he charges 50 bucks for those that buy his steering wheel as an option. I thought it looked good. I didn't get his wheel, but was a great idea, so I just wrapped my air bag when the steering wheel came in. Not hard at all. It's satin white Avery wrap. With the carbon fiber vinyl logo.
I just wrapped the center console sides when I saw one Chinese seller on ebay offering white caps for 180.00.... ha, I had extra vinyl and it took me all of 10 minutes to wrap both sides.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I asked him about it and he mentioned that he charges 50 bucks for those that buy his steering wheel as an option. I thought it looked good. I didn't get his wheel, but was a great idea, so I just wrapped my air bag when the steering wheel came in. Not hard at all. It's satin white Avery wrap. With the carbon fiber vinyl logo.
I just wrapped the center console sides when I saw one Chinese seller on ebay offering white caps for 180.00.... ha, I had extra vinyl and it took me all of 10 minutes to wrap both sides.
Looks great man. I've been wanting to wrap the center of my steering white too but I haven't had time to get around to it. Did you have to remove the airbag cover from the steering wheel? Did you use a heat gun?

Also, how much was the steering wheel if you don't mind me asking?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I realize airbags are explosive and the vinyl is thin but wrapping the airbag cover still may affect airbag deployment.

The airbag cover has a molded in relief ‘tear line’ to the right side of the ‘T’ where the cover rips open during deployment. The vinyl over the cover has the same effect as taping over the tear line.

You can see the squiggly vertical tear line wrapping around the right side of the ‘T’ in this pic:

1fd7baa5-c592-4b52-9766-bba9806f4e33-jpeg.29078

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I realize airbags are explosive and the vinyl is thin but wrapping the airbag cover still may affect airbag deployment.

The airbag cover has a molded in relief ‘tear line’ to the right side of the ‘T’ where the cover rips open during deployment. The vinyl over the cover has the same effect as taping over the tear line.

You can see the squiggly vertical tear line wrapping around the right side of the ‘T’ in this pic:

View attachment 29078
Hmmm very interesting. Never knew that. I think this could be resolved by cutting out the 'T' in the white vinyl.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks great man. I've been wanting to wrap the center of my steering white too but I haven't had time to get around to it. Did you have to remove the airbag cover from the steering wheel? Did you use a heat gun?

Also, how much was the steering wheel if you don't mind me asking?
Steering wheel was $900. You can find it on ebay. I took the airbag off, yes. Don't really need a heat gun for this job, but I had one handy. Use the Avery satin white, you can find it on Amazon.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Steering wheel was $900. You can find it on ebay. I took the airbag off, yes. Don't really need a heat gun for this job, but I had one handy. Use the Avery satin white, you can find it on Amazon.
Thanks bud. The Avery satin white looks like a good match with the interior. Did you keep your old steering wheel or you had to trade it in?