Car now stopping at red lights on AP!

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Stop using AP on surface streets, people.

And how do we know they didn’t hit the brake pedal?
While you think it’s unrealistic, others with more common sense know it’s unsafe. And no doubt, Tesla’s defense against any AP related accidents is “improper usage” on surface streets.
When I first got my Model 3 it did not support lane change on city streets and now it does, so clearly Tesla does intend for us to use it. That said, I agree it’s really not the best on city streets and you have to pay even more attention to it.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had a similar situation few nights ago. On a surface steet and with AP engaged, I was approaching a red light. I got that screen with flashing red streaing wheel amd loud warnign nise so I panicked and stepped on the brake. Now knowing that it can stop on its own, I'll give it enough time to respond and hopefully stop.
Anytime you see that screen ("take over immediately") in any scenario, you should no longer assume that Autopilot will assist you in any way. That warning is basically the car saying, "I cannot handle this situation. You're in charge now." So I think you reacted just as you should have.