Car and Driver 10 Best Cars of 2018

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...e-best-cars-for-sale-in-america-today-feature
It looks like Tesla didn't submit a Model 3 for the competition.

The print version of Car and Driver has some additional articles in addition to the main one talking about the winners. One of them discusses the Chevrolet Bolt and Hyundai Ioniq EV. It's actually a fairly scathing review of the two cars. I just wanted to share a couple of quotes:
  • (about the Bolt) Well, on paper there are no compromises. But in the real world, cars are bought by people, most of whom can see. The Bolt is a gawky, goofy-looking thing that appears to be decidedly unwell.
  • According to the gospel of Tesla, a handsome EV is a desirable thing. It seems that neither Hyundai nor Chevrolet subscribes to this belief.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve been an avid Car & Driver reader for many years, and trust me the Model 3 is built for them. They infamously put the BMW 3 series at the top for years, and that’s what the Model 3 was targeted to compete with.

No doubt C&D are a little bitter that Motor Trend keeps getting Tesla’s exclusive treatment, but that won’t matter one they can get one more easily soon.

By then they will be reviewing a Model 3 with more complete software and better manufacturing, so it only stands to benefit.

2018 will be a good year for Tesla

Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still have most of the issues I've ever bought going back to 1978 (much to my better half's chagrin) and one of the things I love about them is that they rarely ever pull punches. They got a bit soft in the late 90's / early 2000's but then had something of a rebirth and are back in full acerbic form.
Do I hate some of the things they've written about EVs over the years? Yes. But I still trust them to give me a reality check when I'm getting high on my own electro-supply. Which seems to happen frequently to recent converts such as myself, a bit akin to reformed smokers. They are definitely warming up the tone, though. I'd say they're now grudgingly accepting of the fact that EVs are the future and are often celebrating the good ones. Well, good as judged from high the perch of those who see the hand of God in a 3 series BMW, GTI or Honda Accord.
My prediction when they finally get their hands on a Model 3? The driving dynamics will blow them away. They will be somewhat wary of the sparse interior. They will find all kinds of nit-picky finishing issues. And there will be a hint of "all is good as long as Tesla doesn't implode". But I expect that buried in there somewhere, or maybe I'll be surprised and it'll make the byline, they will admit that this is The Car That Changed Everything.

Impactwrench

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
https://www.caranddriver.com/featur...e-best-cars-for-sale-in-america-today-feature
It looks like Tesla didn't submit a Model 3 for the competition.

The print version of Car and Driver has some additional articles in addition to the main one talking about the winners. One of them discusses the Chevrolet Bolt and Hyundai Ioniq EV. It's actually a fairly scathing review of the two cars. I just wanted to share a couple of quotes:
  • (about the Bolt) Well, on paper there are no compromises. But in the real world, cars are bought by people, most of whom can see. The Bolt is a gawky, goofy-looking thing that appears to be decidedly unwell.
  • According to the gospel of Tesla, a handsome EV is a desirable thing. It seems that neither Hyundai nor Chevrolet subscribes to this belief.
To the bolts credit, it is much more roomy inside than it looks from outside.