Car alarm and Tesla app

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Gavyne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hellos,

Does anyone know how the Tesla app alerts you when your car alarm goes off? I've searched for a demonstration but all the youtube videos show are people setting off the alarm. I'm looking to know how it alerts you on your mobile device. Does it popup notify you like a message? Does it ring, beep, or do something to make you aware?

Thanks!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If you have your car, consider setting off the alarm and letting us know what happens. :)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just a normal app notification- IIRC the text is something like "vehicle alarm was triggered".

I got that while I was out of town and had a mini freak out- turned out my 7yo had stayed in the back of the car too long and exited the car after it had locked.

Gavyne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just a normal app notification- IIRC the text is something like "vehicle alarm was triggered".

I got that while I was out of town and had a mini freak out- turned out my 7yo had stayed in the back of the car too long and exited the car after it had locked.
Thank you sir!

raptor

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
In the Tesla app (at least on Android) there's a notification option for the Car Alarm, so I assume it's a push notification (similar to Summon).