Car alarm and Tesla app

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hellos,

Does anyone know how the Tesla app alerts you when your car alarm goes off? I've searched for a demonstration but all the youtube videos show are people setting off the alarm. I'm looking to know how it alerts you on your mobile device. Does it popup notify you like a message? Does it ring, beep, or do something to make you aware?

Thanks!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you have your car, consider setting off the alarm and letting us know what happens. :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just a normal app notification- IIRC the text is something like "vehicle alarm was triggered".

I got that while I was out of town and had a mini freak out- turned out my 7yo had stayed in the back of the car too long and exited the car after it had locked.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just a normal app notification- IIRC the text is something like "vehicle alarm was triggered".

I got that while I was out of town and had a mini freak out- turned out my 7yo had stayed in the back of the car too long and exited the car after it had locked.
Thank you sir!

raptor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the Tesla app (at least on Android) there's a notification option for the Car Alarm, so I assume it's a push notification (similar to Summon).