Cannot Maintain Vehicle Power - Warning Message

RIP_OPEC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update: I believe there is a major bug with the "Auto" setting for the air conditioner, as it alone caused hot air to blow out and would disable itself within minutes. I manually set the A/C settings and it is now able to reach and maintain an interior temperature of 58 F.

-----------
Less than 3 month old Model 3 and received this message today: "Cannot Maintain Vehicle Power, Car May Stop Driving or Shut Down".

Today the high is over 113 F, and possibly the heat is causing this strange behavior.

I had driven about 40 miles prior to receiving that message, parked my Model 3 on the driveway for no more than 2 hours (cabin overheat protection enabled), before I decided to set the A/C to LOW to keep the electronics safe. The car cools down quickly, then something odd happened - the temperature began rising back up. I went outside to investigate and realized it was blowing warm air inside. That's when I first saw the message. Minutes later, the A/C shut itself off automatically. After waiting 15 minutes, I turned back on the A/C to LOW. It starts blowing cold air, and I feel relieved. 5 minutes later, the A/C shuts off again. At the moment, cabin overheat protection does seem to be working - it began cooling when the interior temperature exceeded 115 F and is maintaining a 96 F - 100 F temperature.

Last, the battery is above 60% charged and I have been following the 90% max charge rule, and I'm going to leave the car alone until it's dark and has a chance to cool down to determine if the intense heat is the cause.

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Less than 3 month old Model 3 and received this message today: "Cannot Maintain Vehicle Power, Car May Stop Driving or Shut Down".

Today the high is over 113 F, and possibly the heat is causing this strange behavior.

I had driven about 40 miles prior to receiving that message, parked my Model 3 on the driveway for no more than 2 hours (cabin overheat protection enabled), before I decided to set the A/C to LOW to keep the electronics safe. The car cools down quickly, then something odd happened - the temperature began rising back up. I went outside to investigate and realized it was blowing warm air inside. That's when I first saw the message. Minutes later, the A/C shut itself off automatically. After waiting 15 minutes, I turned back on the A/C to LOW. It starts blowing cold air, and I feel relieved. 5 minutes later, the A/C shuts off again. At the moment, cabin overheat protection does seem to be working - it began cooling when the interior temperature exceeded 115 F and is maintaining a 96 F - 100 F temperature.
what has service said?

RIP_OPEC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
what has service said?
Service said it is most likely a false alarm, they checked their logs and the error only occurred today and seems
intermittent. They said if I experienced the message again or I break down, service will send out someone to help. A/C continues to automatically shut off, so I'm worried.

I really would like to avoid a loaner, as there's a chance I'll get a non-EAP or ICE (my worst nightmare).

Last edited:

Bravedog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Why do you think it's the A/C? I got this error while charging and I had to get towed. They said it was the power control module.
I am pretty sure the error is tied to something draining the 12v battery faster than it can chage.